Dominion Strin Gauge Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dominion Strin Gauge Question

SO I took my Dominion in to get set up with a set of 11-50 GHS Boomers. I tried to set it up myself, but couldn't get rid of some buzzing without setting the action too high. So I get it back from the shop and it still has some buzzing. I'm thinking the strings are too heavy for the guitar? Or is it possible to not have any buzzing at all. Should I take the guitar back? or put lighter strings on it. Jackson says they come with a set of 10-46's should I put those on?

Given that it wasn't a huge leap in gauge, I'd think a proper setup would be able to take care of the buzzing/action issue.

Comment

What does "Strin" mean?

Comment

Well if you read my post, you would have figured out that I was talking about STRINGS. Sorry my finger didn't read my mind and type a G.

Comment

Buzz goes with the territory with metal (strings) against metal (frets). The amount of buzz a given guitar has can vary a lot depending on how light or heavy a player's pick attack is. How is your technique?

With that said, unless you play like a wild man, with a proper setup, you should be able to reduce buzz to an acceptable level without super high action.

Read up on how to do setups or take it to a tech. A simple setup might take care of the issue, but it is also possible that the guitar might have a loose fret or something....or may need a fret leveling. 11-50 gauge strings should be able to work fine on that guitar.

Comment

Well the guitar is only about 6 months old, and I've hardly played it at all. I just got it back from a "tech", how good he is I don't know. It's not like the guitar is unplayable, and it's a very minimum amount of buzz, I can live with it.
            I'm fully self taught and have never had a formal guitar lesson so maybe I need some instruction in technique for sure.

Comment

Working...
            X