Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

He shoots, he scores!! Well Sorta............

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• He shoots, he scores!! Well Sorta............

Went to my local music store today where they usually don't have anything good, long story short, in the back they had some kind of Jackson DK, it has a reverse heastock, and awesome red flame finish , offset neck inlays, and is loaded with EMG's.

Anyone know what model this is or from what year? I haven't seen one like it recently.

As long as everything goes trhough tommorow on my taxes, it will be mine by Friday
    Madness Reigns......... In the Hall of the Mountain King!

Duh, I never saw that guitar cause I didn't search any with EMG's in it. I feel stupid now, but online it says that they come with a Jackson molded case. When they come from Jackson, are they shipped in the case?

Reason I ask, the guy at the store told me they didn't come with a case, and I watched him bring this guitar out from the back in a JAckson box still wrapped in foam.

So are the cases shipped seperate(which wouldn't make sense), I mean the only reason I don't thin the guy was lying to me was that I did see him unpack it AND he said he didn't even have a Jackson case there to sell me.

I have never had EMG's, is there any noticable difference in these than using passive Pickups. Can they be split like a passive?

Comment

Most imports typically do not include a case.
      They are shipped in a cardboard box.
      -Rick

Comment

That is what I figured, but Guitar center is offering it with a Jackson molded case, I guess they would have to give it to me if it is offered on there like that .

He was going to give it to me for 799.00 with no case and it is 859.00 onlie with the case, so I'll jsut see if I can talk him into a case for 59.00

Comment

I just bought a DK2M last week and asked if it came with a case, because from what I understand on the Jackson website , the DK2M comes with a case. Dude said only USA Jacksons come with a case. Piss me off, because I spent $1400 on my Dominion and it didn't even come with a case.

Comment

More and more Jacksons are starting to come with a case. I think you just had "bad timing" when it came to the Dominion.
            "Dave Mustaine - apparently, he invented thrash AND Christmas." - Grandturk

Comment

To my knowledge, none of the imports come standard with a case...even up to and including the higher dollar ones such as the Dominion, but maybe that is changing.

To answer your other question, active pickups are quite different than passives. Some love them, some hate them. The most common description when compared to passives is that actives are a bit thin or sterile, but they can be louder and provide more headroom as well. Again, it's personal preference, but they certainly serve a purpose.

Also, I believe the only splittable active pickup in EMG's lineup is the 89.

Comment

I did look and see on Jacksons website and indeed it does say that it comes with a Jackson molded case.

Can Active pups be run without screwing anything up? I took a Bass that had EMG's in it, and hooked it up to my Vintage 1979 MXR flanger and it totally screwed up the thing. It has a loud pop and now the flanger won't work at all.

It worked fine till I did that. I would assume it isn't to hard to jsut rip them out and put passives in , If I don't like them.

Comment

What do you mean by offset neck inlays? If you mean pirannha teeth, it's a DKMG.
                  Every man dies... Not every man really lives!!

Comment

I was thinking Trans Red DKMG. Damn right they should have cases included.
                    Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

"Finger on the trigger, back against the wall. Counting rounds and voices, not enough to kill them all" (Ihsahn).

Comment

Originally posted by 6string40 View Post
                      To my knowledge, none of the imports come standard with a case...even up to and including the higher dollar ones such as the Dominion, but maybe that is changing.
                      I think they started last year with the import line (at least some of them?) now coming with cases.
                      I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Originally posted by Riffmeister View Post
                        I did look and see on Jacksons website and indeed it does say that it comes with a Jackson molded case.

Can Active pups be run without screwing anything up? I took a Bass that had EMG's in it, and hooked it up to my Vintage 1979 MXR flanger and it totally screwed up the thing. It has a loud pop and now the flanger won't work at all.

It worked fine till I did that. I would assume it isn't to hard to jsut rip them out and put passives in , If I don't like them.
                        I can't think of a reason why it would hurt other devices. The only difference between active and passive pickups is that actives have a built-in preamp. I think your flanger failing was just a coincidence.
                        Scott

Comment

they all come with gigbags or cases now...

cept the JS1
                          Piney Hills New Site <------Clicky Clicky

CALL THE SHOP @ 318.232.3002

instock inventory

Comment

It is the DKMG, I hadn't seen it before, cause I never looked at the ones with EMG's in it.

Comment

Like Spiv said, the Flanger was probably a coincidence. To swap out the actives for passives, you'll also need to replace all of the pots...actives use 25k pots rather than 250k or 500k pots. They also use a stereo jack.

Comment

Working...
                              X