Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need some info on Kelly XL's

Hi there Jackson gurus,

I've found a really cheap second hand Kelly,and according to the pics it seems to be a Kelly XL,but I'm not sure for 100%. I haven't had the chance to try or examine it,just have a couple of pics. My question is that were Kelly XL's made with a headstock that only says 'Jackson' without the 'Professional' tag? Everything else looks pretty much the same as Kelly XL's in the catalogues (rosewood fingerboard w/ sharkfin inlays, JT580-LP FR bridge,1 volume pot and 3-way pickup selector).

T

Then its not a Kelly XL. All Kelly XL's are MIJ Professional labled headstocks with BINDING on the necks, and real MOP sharkies. They are awesome guitars. Sounds like what you are looking at is a KE-3...which I would "rank" below a Kelly XL, tho both are made MIJ. The KE-3 will not have binding on the neck, and will have MOT Sharkies...

Originally posted by denii View Post
    Hi there Jackson gurus,

I've found a really cheap second hand Kelly,and according to the pics it seems to be a Kelly XL,but I'm not sure for 100%. I haven't had the chance to try or examine it,just have a couple of pics. My question is that were Kelly XL's made with a headstock that only says 'Jackson' without the 'Professional' tag? Everything else looks pretty much the same as Kelly XL's in the catalogues (rosewood fingerboard w/ sharkfin inlays, JT580-LP FR bridge,1 volume pot and 3-way pickup selector).

Comment

Originally posted by mustaine-who? View Post
      Then its not a Kelly XL. All Kelly XL's are MIJ Professional labled headstocks with BINDING on the necks, and real MOP sharkies. They are awesome guitars. Sounds like what you are looking at is a KE-3...which I would "rank" below a Kelly XL, tho both are made MIJ. The KE-3 will not have binding on the neck, and will have MOT Sharkies...
      Thanks for the info, then it's obviously a KE-3. I was misled by the same controls as on the XL (and the truss rod cover which also says Kelly XL),but since you say all XL's came with a bound fingerboard,it must be a KE-3. Does it worth the asking price of $340?
      Last edited by denii; 01-30-2010, 01:29 PM.

Comment

Thats a good price...they seem to be a tad higher on ebay...I've yet to see one under $400...

Comment

For Europe, that is not a bad price. Just today, in my local pawn shop I spied a trans blue KE3 from 2004 with a really light rosewood board; they are asking $349.
          "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Working...
          X