Jackson slat3-7

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jackson slat3-7

Do somebody know the "truth" about the slat3-7?

On Jackson website, it's shown available in natural finish, but web stores told me that it doesn't exist. And the first model that we saw had 6 strings inlays, and small logo, then, on the black model at Namm, it has a larger logo. And we have now a new one for sale at drum city guitarland ( http://www.drumcityguitarland.com/dr...P3360C432.aspx ) that has bigger inlays, big logo and on top of that, the binding that a lot of us requested when we saw the first pics of the prototype.

It's just that I would like to know if I order one, which one I wll have. Are these changes perenial?

By the way, if somebody have found somewhere on the web pics of the full guitar with the different finishes, it would be great to share them (I'm wondering how it will look like in trans black).
    What do you mean, "I don't believe in God"? I talk to him every day.

I'd imagine that the one at DCGL is what the final model is. If it was a one-off I'm sure they'd say that.
    Dreaded Silence - Boston Melancholic Metal

Comment

...So much for that. There's one with no binding on their website as well. Color me confused.
      Dreaded Silence - Boston Melancholic Metal

Comment

The model with binding looks really nice. My guess is that there's a special limited edition run like they had with RR24 that has nice binding.

Comment

I'm too lazy to look but are these the prototypes from NAMM? No other site has pictures or descriptions up yet.

Comment

Now the one with binding looks BADASS! Chances are its a limited run unfortunatley. You know how Jackson always puts out 100 or so pieces the way they should be, then drops the ball on the rest. LOL. Hell i'm still looking for a reasonably priced first run rr24 with the white binding. The regular production ones look like crap.
            Imagine, being able to be magically whisked away to... Delaware. Hi... Im in... Delaware...

Comment

Im thinking the one from DCGL is a limited run , i have seen a couple here already in stores and they have no binding , small inlays and logo. To bad though cuz that one looks 10X better

Comment

limited run? humm..., a Jackson staff member told me via facebook that neck binding on all pro series would be a reality in a near future, so... i could be wrong though, he may have meant 'limited run' xD
                "i dont need to pick the strings... i SCREAM at them!"
                http://www.myspace.com/velkansolo

Comment

Well there was that grey one on ebay with the small logo and no binding. The auction said it was part of the initial 30 that endorsees could use. The black one on dcgl is obv the one from namm (it arrived very early) which could be part of that also. But the new gmg on dcgl (I so want) could be the production model, I'm hoping!

Comment

the headstock, logo & fins on that DCGL look great! That's how a Jackson 7 should be done
                    Hail yesterday

Comment

Originally posted by VitaminG View Post
                      the headstock, logo & fins on that DCGL look great! That's how a Jackson 7 should be done

i agree, but a member over at sevenstring.org just got one in and it to has NO binding , small logo and small inlays.

Comment

well the guy at namm (in the vid), said this was just the beginning.
                        this is priced the same as the the Fugly one so I 'm hoping it's not a limited run and this is the direction they're going with these.
                        Now lose the Rosewood and the EMGs and move the freaking volume pot back (for gods sakes) and they can have some of my money
                        If this is our perdition, will you walk with me?

Comment

I've emailed dcgl twice now, I want one of those bad boys! It'd be nice if chris cannella aka guy at namm or mcd' could chime in on these. If these are the production models I'd much rather wait for nick or matt to get one.

Comment

damn it do i want one,

Comment

That one at DCGL with the larger logo, inlays and binding looks a 100 times better. This better be the production model. Nobody wants to pay over $1100 (or even a lot more over here in Europe, it's ridiculous) for an import with a rosewood board, no binding and a headstock that looks completely off.

I bet these bound ones will sell a lot better too.

This one is listed here at Thomann, one of the larger European online stores:

Can't believe how incredibly wrong it looks

Comment

Working...
                              X