No announcement yet.

Jackson slat3-7

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

why so many people complaning about rosewood board?? rosewood gives warmth and its VERY good to combine with alder bodies and maple neckthru necks... right? if you dont like the color, ebonize it lol...
    "i dont need to pick the strings... i SCREAM at them!"
    http://www.myspace.com/velkansolo

Comment

Originally posted by BeëlzeM View Post
      That one at DCGL with the larger logo, inlays and binding looks a 100 times better. This better be the production model. Nobody wants to pay over $1100 (or even a lot more over here in Europe, it's ridiculous) for an import with a rosewood board, no binding and a headstock that looks completely off.

I bet these bound ones will sell a lot better too.

This one is listed here at Thomann, one of the larger European online stores:

Can't believe how incredibly wrong it looks
      Ha that headstock looks funky!

Comment

The COW7 has a tiny logo too. You just don't notice it because the head is the other way 'round.

I know that rosewood and lack of binding are signs of 'cheap' guitars among some guitarists. However, I play my guitars, and I know that realistically, frets will last about a year and a half if I lay off, or am busy for a month or two. Binding just pushes the price for a refret and increases the chance of your guitar getting fucked up by some amateur or 'old=school' luthier only used to work on old strats with a 2" radius board.

I absolutely love binding, but it isn't a necessity for me. So long as there's a neck, it's all good for me.
        Its all fun and games till you get yogurt in your eye.; -AK47
        Guitar is my first love, metal my second (wife...ehh she's in there somewhere). -Partial @ Marshall

Comment

May I also address the fact that the headstock is leaning back, and we able to see its side, making it appear larger.
          Its all fun and games till you get yogurt in your eye.; -AK47
          Guitar is my first love, metal my second (wife...ehh she's in there somewhere). -Partial @ Marshall

Comment

It may be a mistake, but musician's friend propose it in tobacco burst :
            Shop the best selection of popular guitars: ✅ guaranteed low price, ✅ free shipping, ✅ 0% financing, ✅ 8% back in rewards.

Unfortunately, no pics.
            What do you mean, "I don't believe in God"? I talk to him every day.

Comment

Originally posted by Rich#6 View Post
              I'm too lazy to look but are these the prototypes from NAMM? No other site has pictures or descriptions up yet.
              samash.com has the 6 string version, pics only in black though. I like the thought of an arch top soloist myself. Was almost gonna order one from sam ash but ended up ordering the SL2H blue ghost flame from musicians friend.
              Last edited by Twitch; 02-11-2010, 01:33 PM.
              HTTP 404 - Signature Not Found

Comment

Working...
              X