Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NGD (Jackson Content): Help Me Identify This Model (Bonus Ethical Dilema Inside)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I can tell I don't have a criminal mind because I was looking at that serial number and the only thought in my head was "Why would someone modify a serial number on a guitar?" And then I thought, "It must be to try and pass it off as an early serial number or something."

GTWGITS! - RacerX

Comment

I honestly didn't even think that it could be stolen. I didn't pay much attention to the serial number thing. I contacted ebay about the whole issue about it being stolen and they said unless if they know for sure its stolen (i.e. Police report w/ photographic evidence. insurance involved, etc) everything is just speculative and I'm better off just keeping the item if I'm happy with it. Since I'm a fair man if this guitar was indeed stolen and the owner comes forwards and produces photographic or otherwise compelling evidence, we can work something out. I'm not the kind of guy who would cheat someone.

Regarding the serial #. There was a sticker on the back of the guitar control panel. It was a longish one though and I'm guessing it had nothing to do with the guitar. It might have been a pawn shop bar code or something. Any opinions on this?

Still have no clue what to do on the feedback. Asshat seller hasn't left me any even though I paid promptly. If I neg him first i don't want him leaving something bad for me.

Comment

You're better off returning it. If you ever try to sell it you might encounter problems that you shouldn't have to deal with. Plus, stolen guitars just have bad mojo. The quicker you can return it the better, imo.

Comment

I also noticed the neck pickup seems to be an F-spaced (bridge) pickup.
          GTWGITS! - RacerX

Comment

Working...
          X