DKMG serial#/year?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DKMG serial#/year?

Trans black MIJ DKMG with EMG 81/85. Serial is 7 digit, starts with 98. (98xxxxx). If you need the whole thing I'll post when I get home. What year model is it?
    Thanks
    Every man dies... Not every man really lives!!

chirp... chirp...

Comment

from what ive read theres no specific way to date an import by serial number. I have read however that if its post fender buy out that the company model number should be stamped in the neck pocket and you can use that in accordance with the jackson catalogs to estimate the year pretty close
      HTTP 404 - Signature Not Found

Comment

My DXMG starts the same, here's the thread for import S/N database:
        http://www.jcfonline.com/forums/show...=101351&page=3
        I think the only real way to tell is the date stamp in the pocket.
        "illegal downloading saved people from having to buy that piece of shit you tried to pass off as music" - Nighbat

Comment

Originally posted by Twitch View Post
          I have read however that if its post fender buy out that the company model number should be stamped in the neck pocket and you can use that in accordance with the jackson catalogs to estimate the year pretty close
          The japanese factory has been stamping the neck pocket of bolt ons with both model name AND production date since at least 1998. It's just a matter of taking the neck off - it should all be in there. No need to search in any catalogues; that's only for those who are scared to fiddle with the guitar's setup.

It's a different thing with the models that were/are made in Korea and India, however. I have a JS30KV body that has no markings in the neck pocket at all, save for a completely undecipherable scribble. I think it's a similar story with the MIK Performers.

Comment

Originally posted by Sunbane View Post
            The japanese factory has been stamping the neck pocket of bolt ons with both model name AND production date since at least 1998. It's just a matter of taking the neck off - it should all be in there. No need to search in any catalogues; that's only for those who are scared to fiddle with the guitar's setup.

It's a different thing with the models that were/are made in Korea and India, however. I have a JS30KV body that has no markings in the neck pocket at all, save for a completely undecipherable scribble. I think it's a similar story with the MIK Performers.
            Yep. I have a 94 Kelly Std that has the date stamped in the neck pocket. My 90ish Predator just has some katakana.
            Scott

Comment

Well that sucks. I thought it could still be ID'd by serial. I know it's an '04, '05, or '06. I'll pop of the neck at the next setup.
              Thanks.
              Last edited by warlok; 02-09-2010, 07:19 PM.

Comment

98xxxxx is later than those years, it's probably 07 or 08. What's the 3rd digit?
                "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

The whole thing is 9848513. I'm pretty sure I bought it in '07 used. That's why I figure it's '06 or earlier.

Comment

Working...
                  X