What necks will fit a JS30 body?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What necks will fit a JS30 body?

What the title says. I have a JS30RR that i hardly ever play, and maybe i want to... do stuff to it

Will any other Jackson neck fit if i decide to replace the one that's on it? It feels kind of bland to me and i think a more decent neck would make a difference.

If i remember right, alot of the jackson necks will fit. As long as it's bolt-on! But I think there are a few that don't, so good question! lol
    I hooked up my accelerator pedal in my car to my brake lights. I hit the gas, people behind me stop, and I'm gone.

Comment

anyother 24fret neck should fit, except most others will have a locking nut. what makes it feel bland? The finish on those sometimes feels like shit and some steal wool helps a lot.

Comment

The finish is a big part of it. The profile and shape doesn't feel quite right either, especially at the first frets. It feels bigger than it should, but not in a vintage way, more like in a clumsy way. It also feels "cheap" overall, but i guess that's because it is .

Many of these are really a matter of taste, but what this means in short is that i really don't like that neck! Not compared to a sweet Wizard neck, or the one on the RR24 - that one sometimes i am not entirely sure if it is me playing or the guitar guiding my hand around .

Anyway, i'd have no idea how to proceed with steel wool... just how much damage can i do, and i guess it would need a finish to be applied then? Links to quality guides always appreciated!

Comment

Anyway, i'd have no idea how to proceed with steel wool... just how much damage can i do, and i guess it would need a finish to be applied then? Links to quality guides always appreciated!
          If you use 0000 steel wool wool, you will not need a new finish, it will just make if feel smoother. It will barely take any finish off. If you want a slim jackson neck try a DK2T(regular nut) or a dk2.

Comment

I'll read up on it some more then, and maybe try it .

Comment

If I remember right, people here have reported the neck pocket of the MII guitars were a little narrower than the MIJ and MIUSA Jacksons. However, on the JS30KV body I have, a DK2 neck fits without much problem. The fit is very snug, but the neck heel does fill the neck pocket all the way.

No, I haven't bolted them together yet, because I was laid off before I could order all the parts for the project. And now that I have a job again, the parts I do have are scattered over a couple of counties. I will have to get back on it again soon.
              Last edited by Sunbane; 02-10-2010, 02:49 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Jacksonguy666 View Post
                If i remember right, alot of the jackson necks will fit. As long as it's bolt-on! But I think there are a few that don't, so good question! lol
                Well thanks for weighing in!
                "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Originally posted by RacerX View Post
                  Well thanks for weighing in!
                  Yeah. I just wanted to contribute. I got to school early and just felt like writing some shit!
                  I hooked up my accelerator pedal in my car to my brake lights. I hit the gas, people behind me stop, and I'm gone.

Comment

Working...
                  X