No announcement yet.

Ok, Got my DKMG todayand.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yeah! Hell, the new Slayer album doesn't have much gain, but the guitars sound pretty damn good, IMO. Though, they do use that bright 81 in the bridge. :ROTF: 81s can sound decent, but I've always found them to be a little bright.
    And I've got no idea why Kerry needs the PA-2 gain booster when their gain seems to get lower and lower. :think:
    I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Ok , been looking at some stuff, and I at least want to put a decent nut on this thing, but I am seeing a lot of different #'s

I have seen R3 , R4, and I have seen R42 and R43

At warmoth they give you the R3 R4, which do I need for this guitar and what are the sizes that have 2 #'s after the R?
      Madness Reigns......... In the Hall of the Mountain King!

Comment

R3 is narrow spacing, and I believe you'd want that on your guitar if it's got binding. The R4 is wider.

http://www.floydrose.com/nutsizes.html
        I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Joe,

Here is the width of the nut from Jackson....
          1.6875 / 43

I would assume that is one of those R43 sizes I saw, but again I am confused when I see a size that just says R3 or R4 vs R42, R43

Man , I feel like a dumbass, this isn't rocket science

Comment

i always thought it was r2=42, r3=43,etc. but i could be wrong.

as far as KK and his pa-2 i'm guessing its solely for the feedback for reign in blood or was it the begining of silent scream? i dont know theres so many feedback only parts and i'm gonna say its for those
            Last edited by jdr94; 02-15-2010, 04:30 PM.

Comment

Ok the problem is fixed for the most part. It still has a SLIGHT ping once in a while but it stays in tune now and doesn't appear to be slipping.

The nut was moving and that was part of the problem, there were two paper shims under it, so the shop used something that was a bit better than paper

The other issue was, the blocks were too big for the base of the nut. I wondered why they had to be pryed out when there were no screws in it, so they sanded some of the finish off and now they work fine.

I'm still going to at least replace it with a better nut soon here, but I can't seem to get an answer about the size nut that it takes.

I want to replace it with an original FLoyd, but there is another thread going on where there is a war as to weather an original Floyd can be dropped in place of the Jackson trem

On to the Emg's. They rock and scream ETC ETC, and they sound great when playing clean chords and stuff, but I do not like the neck pickup for playing lead with. It seems to kinda fizzle out or have the sterile feeling everyone described.

Comment

I dropped it straight into my Pro Series Kelly. Fit without any problems. I didn't know about this website either, so i didn't really think it was much of a gamble. I measured both trems and they were pretty close together. Wasn't tight, proper spacing and it was a big difference obviously.

Comment

Working...
                X