bridge swap advice please....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• bridge swap advice please....

ok so it looks like my newest addition to the family will be a cow6, but i cant ever leave a guitar just like it is so...
    i'm thinking of getting this
    http://www.allparts.com/Stud-Mount-B...b-0536-003.htm
    along with a behind the nut lock

heres my issue....i've never swapped a string thru bridge. i know i may be left with visible holes from the string thru, but do i just place it exactly where the saddle sits now. i would think as long as the saddle is in the same position it will intonate properly, right? chances are i'm gonna have to make the post holes bigger too so any advice on the drilling part of it? should be pretty straight forward i think, but any words from an experienced member would be awesome.

or would it be easier to just get one of these
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...id=p2759.l1259
    paint it black and place it over the string thru holes?

is this idea even gonna work? i like the tuning stability of double locking, but like the string response on string thrus.
    Last edited by jdr94; 02-14-2010, 04:18 AM.

Seriously, a fixed bridge guitar is stable enough as it is. By doing something like this, you would just lose the advantage of the non-locking nut (instant retuning) and ruin the resale value of the guitar.

Besides, that bridge you linked to is one of the ugliest bridges designed by man. Don't do it.

Comment

yeah it is pretty damn ugly. i'll just get some locking tuners and maybe graphite nut and saddles? i gotta do somethin to it.....i know, i know, if i wanna do somethin to it then PLAY it. lol

Comment

Maybe switch the hardware over to gold?

Comment

yeah that'd probably be cool looking, but i'm a simple guy black on black is it for me. not knockin your suggestion as we all like different layouts, i just think chrome looks cheap and gold is too fancy shmancy for me. lol
          you know anything about the graphtech stuff?

Comment

my ESP M1 has a string thru, i put graphtech saddles and locking tuners and its plays and holds its tune awesome . thats all you need .

Comment

Originally posted by KBRR View Post
              my ESP M1 has a string thru, i put graphtech saddles and locking tuners and its plays and holds its tune awesome . thats all you need .
              awesome. thanks bro! now to find another guitar to butcher. lol

Comment

Working...
              X