My new SLAT3-7!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My new SLAT3-7!

Been after a 7 for a while now and was in a constant stage of 'awww, maybe' on pretty much every 7 out there. Even the new jackson slat series shown at namm. Then this one popped up on www.drumcityguitarland.com and it ticked more then enough boxes!

The new case it shipped in is strong as, I really like the chunky plastic megalocks! SKB all the way baby.

What a guitar! It's perfect. Theres alot of talk on the rosewood/moto/headstock but none of that applied to me. My woodburn strahead mutt makes me love rosewood! And the headstock doesn't seem big looking at it from down the massive fretboard. I wish it was bigger. It has a very fast jackson neck profile, alot like my '96 dr3's, but in a 7. I thought it might be too thin at first but once riffin' n shreddin' its perfect! As is the fretboard. Binding/frets, absolute perfection. These top-o-the-line jap Jacksons cannot be overhyped in how nice they are. It plays silly good.

Now the bad....I'm typing not playing! I'll see how I go with the EMG's (noisey cunts) but fuck me is the low end tight on this thing! Tight as mans anoos! It's perfect ergonometrically as well. I love the 'almost black' this thing is most of the time (skylight overhead in the pics) and the rosewood is dark unlike most rosey boarded guitars now days.

All in all I think these are a killer deal for the money. Pisses similarly priced schecters, ibanez and others away easily.

Congrats, these new SLAT3-7's are amazing guitars, hopefully I'll be picking one up for myself by the time summer comes around.

Comment

Sweet. I saw that on their site. What's the deal with that one with binding and the others without? Are they just limited with the binding? :think:
      I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Is it me, or do the sharkies look proportional to the neck (in width)?

Comment

At first I really had no interest in these but this looks niiiice. I'll have to hit up my dealer and see what the pricing is like.
          GTWGITS! - RacerX

Comment

Looks great!

Yeah, the inlays look like they're resized to fit the wider neck.

Comment

mate, you didn't fuck around. Nice one!
              Hail yesterday

Comment

Cheers guys!

Yeah the binding/bigger inlays/bigger logo made it a no brainer for me. Fuck it plays great. It's easily the best 7 I've played. I guess its custom made usa stuff to get any better!

Comment

Is the headstock the same color as the body? I couldn't tell from the pics. Looks nice

Comment

You get free Jackson T-shirts with every new Jackson now?!
                    Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

"Finger on the trigger, back against the wall. Counting rounds and voices, not enough to kill them all" (Ihsahn).

Comment

Nice score

Comment

Originally posted by wilkinsi View Post
                        You get free Jackson T-shirts with every new Jackson now?!
                        It looks like DCGL threw in a few extra goodies. There's also strings and a strap in there.

I wish we could get confirmation if all SLAT3-7s will be like that with a bigger logo and inlays. If it was confirmed I would order one but I just hate the ones with the tiny logos.
                        Last edited by Ben...; 02-15-2010, 10:39 PM.
                        "Dear Dr. Bill,
                        I work with a woman who is about 5 feet tall and weighs close to 450 pounds and has more facial hair than ZZ Top." - Jack The Riffer

"OK, we can both have Ben..joint custody. I'll have him on the weekends. We could go out in my Cobra and give people the finger..weather permitting of course.." -Bill Z. Bub

Comment

Tshirt thanks to drumcity guitarland! And the headstock is none more black with a white logo.

Comment

Killer guitar man,I have been wanting a 7 string for a while now.

Comment

Very nice! Congrats! Let's hope that all the following slat3-7 will have the same specs (big sharkfins, big logo and binding). I sent a mail to Jackson to know if these changes are permanent.
                              What do you mean, "I don't believe in God"? I talk to him every day.

Comment

Working...
                              X