What Jacksons = Model series

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What Jacksons = Model series

I'm good with whats what in the Charvel Model series & have owned several, But lost in all the Jackson models. Been looking around here for a while & still somewhat confused.

What Jacksons should I be looking for that would be equivalent to Charvel Model series? Quality, and Neck contour/feel mainly.
    Model:
    2=?
    3=?
    4=?

Pics & details if possible.
    Thanks.
    Last edited by Tricky; 02-19-2010, 07:03 PM.
    Models
    The prudes may snub them, but I don't care.
    I dont need furniture.
    If its tough, shreds, and screams, Its all good.
    If it gets jacked, I'll get another one.
    And rock that sucker.

Nothing even close?
    Models
    I dont need furniture.
    And rock that sucker.

Comment

Model 6 = Soloist PRO
      Model 5 = Soloist Std
      "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Are there any newer bolt on Dinky style axes that will be good quality and have a neck feel similar to the old Charvel models?
        Maybe $200 to $350 range used.
        Models
        I dont need furniture.
        And rock that sucker.

Comment

Originally posted by RacerX View Post
          Model 6 = Soloist PRO
          Model 5 = Soloist Std
          I think the Model six could easily be compared to either the Soloist XL or Soloist Pro. It has the electronics of a Pro but it has a rosewood board and lacks a MOP logo, like the XL. It's a draw really.
          "Dear Dr. Bill,
          I work with a woman who is about 5 feet tall and weighs close to 450 pounds and has more facial hair than ZZ Top." - Jack The Riffer

"OK, we can both have Ben..joint custody. I'll have him on the weekends. We could go out in my Cobra and give people the finger..weather permitting of course.." -Bill Z. Bub

Comment

I'm good with whats what in the Charvel Model series & have owned several, But lost in all the Jackson models. Been looking around here for a while & still somewhat confused.

What Jacksons should I be looking for that would me equivelant to Charvel Model series? Quality, and Neck contour/feel mainly.
            Model:
            2=?
            3=?
            4=?

Thanks.
            All MIJ Jacksons are somewhat close to the same quality build wise.
            The closest thing I can say is the model 4(strat size body, non recessed trem, no binding, and MOP inlays) became the charvel 475 which is close to a Jackson DK2.

Comment

Originally posted by Ben... View Post
              I think the Model six could easily be compared to either the Soloist XL or Soloist Pro. It has the electronics of a Pro but it has a rosewood board and lacks a MOP logo, like the XL. It's a draw really.
              Not the 6, but the 675 with the recessed trem.

Comment

Originally posted by Tricky View Post

What Jacksons should I be looking for that would me equivelant to Charvel Model series? Quality, and Neck contour/feel mainly.
                Model:
                2=?
                3=?
                4=?

Thanks.
                I'd say a lot of older Jackson bolt ons had a lot of similar features with the Model 4. Full sized bodies, H-S-S layout, rosewood with dots, control layout.

Comment

Originally posted by DonP View Post
                  Not the 6, but the 675 with the recessed trem.
                  what's a 675?
                  Hail yesterday

Comment

what's a 675?
                    I'm assuming he meant the 650.

Comment

Originally posted by Rich#6 View Post
                      I'm assuming he meant the 650.
                      Yeah, I thought it looked wrong too but couldn't remember. I guess correctly it should be a 650XL.

Who gets the job to come up with guitar names and numbers? That person should be shot

Comment

How do I know which bolt on Jackson's were made in Japan?
                        By the Model name? If so what models, and are some better than others?
                        Models
                        I dont need furniture.
                        And rock that sucker.

Comment

By the Model name? If so what models, and are some better than others?
                          I guess you need to do some more forum reading. The width of the fretboard dot markers, etc.

Comment

By the Model name?
                            Also by the serial numbers....but that subject has been done to death maybe do a search in Jackson Imports under my name and "serial" - you'll probably get a lot of hits but read 'em all, you'll increase your knowledge of Jackson import serial numbers. Also, ignore Newc's info, it is often faulty
                            "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

So 12th fret dots like on Charvel/Charvette. Narrow=, Wide=,
                              And serial #s. Cool, I'll dig around some more.

I have been searching and reading posts, but haven't found any one post, that really nails things down. Have found info on the old Professional/Pro's. Good info, but there have been a bunch made since then.

Why isn't there a sticky on Japan Jackson models?
                              Is this like a, don't tell, make em pay their dues thing.
                              Seems like a sticky would cut down on the pain of having people like me constantly asking the same questions.
                              Models
                              I dont need furniture.
                              And rock that sucker.

Comment

Working...
                              X