Jackson RR7R

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jackson RR7R

I want to know a little about this guitar, I've read at a few places that they really are not that good. Anyways I a looking at one for 375 plus shipping which would make it like 400 something is that a good deal? Honestly I am hesitant to do it cause it is over craigslist and 400 something is a lot to get screwed out of.

eh, maybe just wait for one on ebay if you really want one.

my opinion under 400 bucks personally i'd buy an Ibanez Rg7321.
    i have and play the shit out of one stock, and i'd buy another.
    solid no fuss player guitar once you get it set up.
    and an easy transitional from 6 string, excellent neck.

Comment

Yeah I might do that, the 7 string I play is my friends Ibanez but it has a Floyd.

Comment

if it's on craigslist how would you get screwed? you get to play it in person before handing over the cash? that's better and safer than ebay.

Comment

Originally posted by fatstrat View Post
          if it's on craigslist how would you get screwed? you get to play it in person before handing over the cash? that's better and safer than ebay.
          I dont live in the same state as him. Hence the shipping cost.

Comment

Inquire about the state of the frets before you commit to it.

I may be wrong here, but; The thing I seem to remember reading about those, are that some of them had issues with the frets - something about the frets not being bent to the proper radius, and that they lifted pretty badly.

Edit: Yeah, I did a forum search, and it was RobRR who mentioned it. This has been an issue with two RR7R necks that passed through Rob's hands, and ultimately he had to bite the bullet and redo the fretwork himself. That's commitment for ya!

Then again, I've seen one guy here pimp one out big-time, RR LTD-style, and I don't think he'd do that if his guitar had a bad neck to start with.
            Edit: Found a video of him and the guitar:
            http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=muunfejjmtc
            That one is an epic rebuild; routed for a Floyd-7, converted to rear-routed electronics cavity, routed for EMG-7s, completely refinished and decked out with gold and brass hardware. I believe Dave (Budman68) made the fake pickup rings and other details in polished brass for it.
            Last edited by Sunbane; 02-24-2010, 06:01 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Sunbane View Post
              Inquire about the state of the frets before you commit to it.

I may be wrong here, but; The thing I seem to remember reading about those, are that some of them had issues with the frets - something about the frets not being bent to the proper radius, and that they lifted pretty badly.

Edit: Yeah, I did a forum search, and it was RobRR who mentioned it. This has been an issue with two RR7R necks that passed through Rob's hands, and ultimately he had to bite the bullet and redo the fretwork himself. That's commitment for ya!

Then again, I've seen one guy here pimp one out big-time, RR LTD-style, and I don't think he'd do that if his guitar had a bad neck to start with.
              Edit: Found a video of him and the guitar:
              Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

That one is an epic rebuild; routed for a Floyd-7, converted to rear-routed electronics cavity, routed for EMG-7s, completely refinished and decked out with gold and brass hardware. I believe Dave (Budman68) made the fake pickup rings and other details in polished brass for it.
              Yup, that was mostly me. Out of the 3 7 string Jackson necks Ive had/seen, they all had lifted fret ends. I have an RR7R... had it almost 5 years now, has about 15 minutes of play time on it. Im keeping it only because its neat to have. I refretted it, but I still need to l/p/c them... just lost interest in it at the time.
              Imagine, being able to be magically whisked away to... Delaware. Hi... Im in... Delaware...

Comment

Yeah I saw your post about that, I am not going to get it because the guy does not know a thing about guitars and I don't feel that 430 is worth it. I am just going to retube my amp.

Comment

FWIW, Musician's Friend was blowing these out a couple years ago for $299, if that helps you place a "fair" value on it...
                  Crime doesn't pay. Neither does lutherie...

Comment

Originally posted by missionguitars1 View Post
                    FWIW, Musician's Friend was blowing these out a couple years ago for $299, if that helps you place a "fair" value on it...
                    Well he said he wanted 350 on the ad but then when I called him he told 375 plus the shipping.

Comment

Originally posted by bucketbrian45 View Post
                      Well he said he wanted 350 on the ad but then when I called him he told 375 plus the shipping.
                      FUCK THAT FUCKING FUCKER!

"Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Originally posted by racerx View Post
                        fuck that fucking fucker!

Comment

Working...
                        X