Replacing pickups in dominion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Replacing pickups in dominion

If I was to replace the pickups in a Jackson Mark Morton Dominion with say, Duncan Invaders, would they just be wired in the normal way for the coil taps to work on the new pickups, or would I have to wire them differently? If I have to wire them differently then it's probably not worth it. Just that the Duncan 59's don't have a high enough output for my taste, but I still want singlecoil tones. Thankyou

The four-conductor wiring would be wired exactly the same way.
    I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

The pickups should wire in with same color wires to the same places.

I think this is the first time I've heard of someone wanting an invader for their single coil tone...
      GTWGITS! - RacerX

Comment

The Invader is a pretty hot pickup, so it'll sound closer in approximation to a real single coil tone when split.

Comment

Thanks... so would the Invaders sound good in the Dominion, or would they take all the tone from it, with them being sugh high output pickups? After all the dominion is a vintage style guitar...

Comment

Should be fine, whatever works for you. I know Mark had an Invader in his old SweeTone archtop Jackson for awhile. Not sure if he used one in any of his Dominions, but he's a pickup whore and has tried a bunch of EMGs, Duncans and DiMarzios in them!
            I thought about changing the '59 in the bridge of my Dominion at one time, but the tone is very sweet and I can't bring myself to do it now.

Comment

I had a Invader in the bridge of my Dominion for awhile. It sounded pretty good. Very high output, great for metal. My main issue with it is that it sounded rather 'muddy'; as in it lacked clarity. I ended up putting the '59 back in.

Comment

Mark's using Dimarzio Breeds now. Higher output than the '59, but with more clarity than say the Invader as TV mentioned above. I put a set of Breeds in my Dominion like a month ago, but had to order new DPDT switches and haven't had time to finish up the wiring yet.

Comment

Working...
                X