Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is this guitar a fraud? I think so... please help

Hi there

There is a guy who is selling this guitar claiming to be a special edition KE2 (rosewood body) from 1998. He is asking around 1700 U$ for the guitar.

I absolutely think this is a fraud.
    I don't know the specs for the KE2 of that time but,
    first of all is a bolt on, no sharkies, no binding.
    The placement and size of the Jackson Logo seems to be smaller and looks like a sticker.
    The serial number is: 9896004
    I think this guitar could be Korean or Indian JS or an X.

What do you think?

The pros are gonna love this one. Its made in India, the fret markers give it away, IIRC, wide dots and the logo off are the tell-tale signs. They should be by sometime and set it straight. For $1700 I'd find a USA.
    "illegal downloading saved people from having to buy that piece of shit you tried to pass off as music" - Nighbat

Comment

Walk away... This guy is either full of shit or has been ripped off himself.

The serial indicates an import for sure, and there is NO import worth that kind of dough IMO.

Pfft... Rosewood body. It's probably Cedro.

Comment

The headstock and logo are bullshit.
        The guitar is a fake. Not a real Jackson.
        -Rick

Comment

Originally posted by rjohnstone View Post
          The headstock and logo are bullshit.
          The guitar is a fake. Not a real Jackson.
          I concur, Rj. I spotted that right away.

Ha ha Scooter & MAJNH - NOOOOOOBS!!!
          "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

I stand corrected sirs! (I looked at the headstock again ty.)
            "illegal downloading saved people from having to buy that piece of shit you tried to pass off as music" - Nighbat

Comment

Yeah headstock is way wrong. looks mor like a PS6t more than anything asside from the lame ass headstock.
              Gil

Comment

total fake right there. i can't believe someone would try to deceive another with that kind of price. and like it could really fly with j/c aficionados

this one guy on craigslist was selling a fake 68 LP Custom and wanted 2500 for it. i emailed him telling how obviously fake it was and he went on and on how he ordered it directly from gibson and then insulted my intelligence about guitars. guy said he recently sold it to guitarcenter in greensboro for 1800. troll or not i would have a hard time believing gc would buy a copy for reg price. i was at gc in greensboro that week and didn't see any 68 lp's. the audacity of some people.

The devil takes my mind but I don't care. He let me breathe. He gives me air

Comment

That Kelly headstock looks like the chinese knockoffs discussed here recently.
                  |My CSG gallery|
                  (CSG=AlexL=awesome)

Comment

THe LP looks like it has a rosewood board. GC would never buy that. At least i would hope not.
                    Gil

Comment

Originally posted by JACKSONFREAK View Post
                      THe LP looks like it has a rosewood board. GC would never buy that. At least i would hope not.
                      Gil
                      Damn, you could make a fortune selling fakes to GC!

We could split the profits

Comment

That is no where close to a Ke2, that is not an ebony fretboard and there seems to be no binding! The 98(serial pre-fix usually indicates Japan). The wide fret markers indicate indonesian, the knob placement and control cavity are wrong as well. Don't even get me started about the cover for the trem cavity .....

From the low res pics, I would say it may not even be a jackson<just sayin'>

Bitch slap that MF'er and walk away, quickly .....

\m/(>.<)\m/
                        Enjoying a rum and coke, just didn't have any coke...

Comment

Originally posted by m2pmd70 View Post
                          That Kelly headstock looks like the chinese knockoffs discussed here recently.

Yep- same ESP straight-pull angle. What a scumbag...or a sucker.

Comment

Originally posted by JACKSONFREAK View Post
                            Yeah headstock is way wrong. looks mor like a PS6t more than anything asside from the lame ass headstock.
                            Gil
                            definately wouldn't be a ps6t having a tone pot on it, that is one helluva mutt.
                            DK2 EERIE DESS
                            KE3 CUSTOM
                            KELLY PROFESSIONAL
                            KELLY PS6T W/ DK2 NECK
                            RR3 PRO
                            BC RICH MR-7 STEALTH
                            KRAMER VOYAGER
                            LINE6 HD150 SPIDER IV HEAD
                            TWIN CRATE 4X12 CABS

Comment

Working...
                            X