SLSMG on the way for me!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SLSMG on the way for me!

Got this one for just over 400 euro's, where they are around 1050-1100 new here in Holland. Pretty good deal I think considering the reasonable shipping cost. The seller seemed like a good guy, answered my questions and sent me pics I specifically asked for. So I'm positive it's all good.

Not sure if I like the headstock all that much but I really needed and wanted a string-thru guitar. I think I'm going to throw in a set of BKP Nailbombs. Anyone experience with passive pickups in a lightweigh Soloist? Is it still chuncky and full enough sounding? Might as well replace the tuners with some locking ones and I think this could be a pretty sweet axe for the money.

Can't wait for it to show up. Any people out here with one of these?
    Last edited by BeëlzeM; 03-07-2010, 01:30 PM.

My SLSMG has a Tone Zone in the bridge and a GFS Dream 180 in the neck. Here's some recordings of it (My tracks are in the right channel, through a Marshal DSL100 and Carvin MTS3200):

Log into Facebook to start sharing and connecting with your friends, family, and people you know.

There's a little more crunch than this usually, this is after a bit of EQing.
    Dreaded Silence - Boston Melancholic Metal

Comment

Hey man, I really like your clips! Sounds plenty full.

How do you like your SLSMG? How does it play, are you happy with it?

By the way, with replacing the pickups: how are these routed? Does it allow for direct mounting pickups?

Comment

You can drill the direct mounting holes if you want but you'll have 4 screw holes going around where the pickup rings were so it's a little ugly, I'd keep the pickup rings if I were you.

Comment

Jealous. Want one. Are they still making the swirly green lollypop ones?
          |My CSG gallery|
          (CSG=AlexL=awesome)

Comment

Congratulations! On mine i still have the 81 in the bridge but swapped the 85 for an 81 in the neck. I don't care for 85s in the neck when i have an 81 in the bridge. I sanded the paint off the back of the neck and tung oiled it. Made a ton of difference, but yours is a matte finish, correct? That should keep your hand from sticking.

Comment

So here it is, waited about 3 weeks for it to get here in The Netherlands from the US. It's a 2008 Jackson SLSMG I got a great deal on. I've yet to find a single ding or scratch, it's been handled very very well. It's mint. It's very light, I wasn't sure if I would like that but it feels so good.

The neck profile is near perfect for me. Not as thin as other Jacksons like USA ones but the wide-D profile feels very smooth and flat. The satin finish on the whole guitar and the neck feels good. It sounds plenty chunky eventhough it's so thin and light. The EMG's gotta go though later on as I really want to equip this baby with BKP's. It came fully setup but in E standard and with 10's. Going to drop it down to D standard or C standard with a set of 11's or 12's.

I'm off playing some more, cause it's only been here for like an hour but so far it feels amazing.
              Now on to the shaky cellphone pics, I might make some more later on with my Canon.

Comment

Nice looking guitar! Not trying to hijak but where would the DKMGT and the SLSMG rank quality wise? I'm thinking the SLSMG would likely be higher quality due to the neck thru design, or would they be similar? I know I'm kinda comparing apples to oranges as far as the two styles go.

Comment

Congrats! I love the SLSMG. I picked up 2, both play amazingly well. I think the build quality is very high.
                  I only need one more guitar.

Comment

Working...
                  X