• Time
  • Show
Clear All

[CARTMAN] Newbie fight! [/CARTMAN]
    Jackson DK2 (trans blue)
    Jackson DKMGT, EMG-Hz (trans black)
    Ibanez SZ520QM (blue)
    Esteban American Heritage (HSN special)
    Fender Precision 1982 w/EMG P&J (road worn for real)

I yearn to shred.

Comment

Hate to say it, but the best HH HH combo is a '64 SG. It has the look, tone, and playability. (But if you're a dive-bomber and not a hardtail guy than I would defer to the Jackson pros here...Racer X would know, spot on.

Comment

Crafted with the demands of the discernible player in mind, Jackson guitars give you the shapes, finishes and tones you love. From the venerable Rhoads, Soloist, Warrior and more, shop Jackson for the highest performance.

This is the answer.
        I like EL34s.

Comment

For short scale on current production Jackson's I think you are limited to the KV2T or the Dominion models. Neither really comes close to the 'superstrat' shape but the Dominion models come a little closer.

You would have to swap out the pickups in either if you are looking for EMG's.

The Dominion is probably the closest Jackson in specs to the SZ series from Ibanez.
          GTWGITS! - RacerX

Comment

Originally posted by Grim View Post
            Wow! Nice find Grim. That's got everything. Guess it's time to start saving up...
            Jackson DK2 (trans blue)
            Ibanez SZ520QM (blue)

I yearn to shred.

Comment

you could go with a sls mg......we sell alot....already emg loaded & a awesome guitar to boot!!!!

We have some pix of them on our web page www.willoughbymusic.com for your viewing pleasure, under jackson of coarse.

Comment

An SLSMG matches your want list to a tee. They are awesome guitars, i play mine a lot.

Comment

The SLSMG looks perfect from the specs. But that headstock is HARD to like. I mean jeez, if you're gonna own a Jackson wouldn't you want it to look like one?

Gotta think about it.

Thanks for the suggestion guys!
                  Jackson DK2 (trans blue)
                  Ibanez SZ520QM (blue)

I yearn to shred.

Comment

I love the headstock, to me it says Metal! \m/

Comment

I think you're gonna struggle to find a brand new non-V import with ebony board and non-3x3 headstock. I would suggest save your money and keep looking on ebay for a used USA Select or early 90's Pro.
                      Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

"Finger on the trigger, back against the wall. Counting rounds and voices, not enough to kill them all" (Ihsahn).

Comment

Originally posted by wilkinsi View Post
                        I think you're gonna struggle to find a brand new non-V import with ebony board and non-3x3 headstock. I would suggest save your money and keep looking on ebay for a used USA Select or early 90's Pro.
                        Yeah, that's good advice. I'm having a hard time telling the older out-of-production models from each other tho. Hard to compare feature sets when you can't look 'em up on the Jackson website.

And I might have to save longer for for a USA model.

Also, my dreams of a ebony board have melted like yesterday's snow.

I've resigned myself to a used DKMG or DKMGT or a DK2. eBay has turned to be very frustrating. Lots of suitable guitars in the last week got zero bids because the reserve was too high. I'm dying to give my money for the right guitar and the right price.

I know, be patient and keep looking. :think:
                        Jackson DK2 (trans blue)
                        Ibanez SZ520QM (blue)

I yearn to shred.

Comment

Originally posted by Duncan_Wood View Post
                          I've resigned myself to a used DKMG or DKMGT or a DK2. eBay has turned to be very frustrating. Lots of suitable guitars in the last week got zero bids because the reserve was too high. I'm dying to give my money for the right guitar and the right price.

I know, be patient and keep looking. :think:
                          DKs are high quality guitars. You want non-trem, Jackson did make a DK2T for awhile, though they might be rare.

Hmm, here's one in trans black in PA:

That fretboard looks fairly dark for rosewood, too.
                          "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Originally posted by RacerX View Post
                            DKs are high quality guitars. You want non-trem, Jackson did make a DK2T for awhile, though they might be rare.

Hmm, here's one in trans black in PA:

That fretboard looks fairly dark for rosewood, too.
                            Yeah, another good option that I forgot. They are STILL SOLD ( <---- link!) for around $649. Hard to give $449 when new is only a couple hundred more. Again, a reasonable price and I'd bite.

So I've given up on my ebony requirement and have basically caved on my "no trem" requirement. Just trying to find a decent used shred guitar now. A DK2 would be awesome.
                            Jackson DK2 (trans blue)
                            Ibanez SZ520QM (blue)

I yearn to shred.

Comment

slsmg, headstock shouldnt be that big a deal, the fact that it is neck through and a has a soloist heel joint should more than make up for the headstock,

Comment

Got a DK2. ------> New thread.
                                Jackson DK2 (trans blue)
                                Ibanez SZ520QM (blue)

I yearn to shred.

Comment

Working...
                                X