replacing inlays

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replacing inlays

how much would it cost to replace the plastic sharkies on the neck with real MOP?

A lot.

Comment

Do it yourself.

There are many how-to guides on the LPF.

Comment

Or try finding a DK1 neck (assuming this is for a bolt-on)
        Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

"Finger on the trigger, back against the wall. Counting rounds and voices, not enough to kill them all" (Ihsahn).

Comment

yea. for my ke3.

Comment

Swap necks because changing out the inlays on your existing neck won't do squat for the value.

Comment

Swap with a XL neck. I love that guitar!! Best Jackson neck by far IMHO. MOP and binding too.
              Every man dies... Not every man really lives!!

Comment

how much will an Xl neck Run me?

Comment

Just replacing white dots with MOP dots and blocks at the octaves cost about $250-300 when I had it done around 11 years ago, so I'm sure it's more now . . . especially with bigger inlays that take more material.

So yeah, try to find a neck.
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by loki: god of chaos View Post
                    how much will an Xl neck Run me?
                    I'm guessing $200 - $250. You might get lucky and find one cheaper.

Comment

Originally posted by DonP View Post
                      I'm guessing $200 - $250. You might get lucky and find one cheaper.

At this point it's probably better to let the MOTO axe go and just grab a USA or Pro/XL series axe from the 90's.... Sell the KE3 @ $250-$350, take the $200 for the inlay swap & end up with better components all over the guitar to boot.

Keep your eyes on the 'bay. You could do an XL or maybe a Pro professional for $600ish.

You would also end up with a MOP logo on the pro & ebony, which you can't get done on a KE3 unless you go really, really nuts.

Unless of course you have already bonded with the guitar bigtime, in which case $$$$ doesn't really matter

Edit- There be an XL on the bay right now.....
                      Last edited by Vass; 03-10-2010, 10:58 AM.

Comment

Stewmac has everything you need to do this job, and modifying the existing neck is a better option than replacing in my opinion. Wood "grooves" with it's joints and fittings over time

Comment

Working...
                        X