2001 RR3 Vs. 207 RR3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2001 RR3 Vs. 207 RR3

Hey guys. Due to some long inexplainable reasons, I decided to put my brothers 2001 RR3 neck onto my 2007 RR3 body. I went about in taking off the necks, and on the heel of his neck, it had the date, and it said RR3. Alright, that's cool. So I look on mine. It says the date, but it also says RX10D :think: Does Jackson use the RX10D necks for both the RR3 and RX10D models? I know they're both made in Japan, so that would make sense...

So anyways, I continued onto my venture, when his neck was too thick for my body. This brings up my next question, have the Jackson necks gotten gradually thinner (width wise)? And does my 2007 Jackson have an RX10D neck?

(Note, both Rhoads had RR3 printed on the inside of the body).

Wow that's messed up. I would've never thought to look for that. I wouldn't know about the RR's but i own some 2001 Dinky's and have had a few 06+ models. An 08 DK2M an 07 Kelly Pro to list and i did notice a small difference in quality. Neck width is smaller, but i felt the ones i had fatter necks where the 2001s i have (identical neck profile) are slightly more rounded and aren't as beefy feeling as my others. My DK2M was the biggest neck i had for a while. It was swimming in a sea of RG's , S series and a few jems, but yeah. I hope someone can clear this up. also would that mean you're technically getting ripped off, or is the other way around and the guys with the rx10s have a really good neck since it's share with the pros

Comment

Well I was checking out the neck again, and I went to put my old neck on my Rhoads, the 2007 with the RX10D stamped neck. I put it in, had to take it out again, and I noticed a giant kind of ring I guess you could say, as if the body rout was too small, and the neck was jammed in there. :confused:

Comment

Are you sure your RR3 is not actually an RX10D? :think:I think they may have a narrower pocket.
        Last edited by jacksonaxes; 03-12-2010, 03:48 AM.
        METAL, LIVE IT!

Comment

all jackson should be 2 1/4" but since they are made on a assembly line I'm sure some need "help" going together. the rx10d and the rr3 necks should be the same but I do think the fretboard dimensions have changed a little so the heel might be the same but the neck towards the fretboard might not.

Comment

Originally posted by jacksonaxes View Post
            Are you sure your RR3 is not actually an RX10D? :think:I think they may have a narrower pocket.
            The body is an RR3, this I know for sure. Black hardware, pick guard, came with real duncans, but mainly it has RR3 stamped in the neck pocket of the body.
            Originally posted by Rich#6 View Post
            all jackson should be 2 1/4" but since they are made on a assembly line I'm sure some need "help" going together. the rx10d and the rr3 necks should be the same but I do think the fretboard dimensions have changed a little so the heel might be the same but the neck towards the fretboard might not.
            The only theory I've come up with, is that since both series are made in Japan, they would use the same necks. But that's a far stretch I think.

Comment

The only theory I've come up with, is that since both series are made in Japan, they would use the same necks. But that's a far stretch I think.
              just looked it up in the 2001 and 2006 catalogs. the neck specs are the same from both years but the rx10d an rr3 necks are different specs.

Comment

Hmmm, my KVX10 has KE3 on the neck, I call it a 'Factory parts production mutt.'
                http://www.jcfonline.com/forums/showthread.php?t=101351
                "illegal downloading saved people from having to buy that piece of shit you tried to pass off as music" - Nighbat

Comment

Originally posted by Rich#6 View Post
                  just looked it up in the 2001 and 2006 catalogs. the neck specs are the same from both years but the rx10d an rr3 necks are different specs.
                  Hmm... Maybe they were out of RR3 necks and just hammered an RX10D one in? There's some dents in the neck from it just being so damn tight... ()
                  I'm on the Jackson website, and the thickness varies, (I like thicker necks, so the RX10D is better for me anyways), but the widths are the same.

Originally posted by Scooter View Post
                  Hmmm, my KVX10 has KE3 on the neck, I call it a 'Factory parts production mutt.'
                  http://www.jcfonline.com/forums/showthread.php?t=101351
                  Really? :think:
                  Maybe they just ran out of KVX10 necks.. It all depends on what you like, thin vs. thick. I like a bit thicker ones, so my RR3 (with the RX10D neck) is great.

Comment

Regardless of whether or not it works for you it is pretty ridiculous if they are doing that in the factory. There is something to be said for the consistency of a product.

Comment

This thread got me curious so I just removed the neck of my KVX10 and it says "WRXT" on the heel!:think:

Comment

Originally posted by J.C. Harrist View Post
                        This thread got me curious so I just removed the neck of my KVX10 and it says "WRXT" on the heel!:think:

That's weird, but at least it's the same series. Still, different model is still weird.

Comment

Working...
                        X