DK2M vs BC Rich gunslinger retro

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Trem View Post
    Both my MIK are excellent guitars - exceptional in fact for the money.
    made in USA hype it all you want, i'm not buying it.
    a guitar is a guitar, either it's good or it's crap,
    doesn't matter where it's made.
    +1 It's not cause we made some of the best electric guitars throughout the 50's to the late 70's that it still applies today. 10 years ago, korean builts were generally crappy. Now they've been in the game for a long time and BC made a good move going to them. Looking back on their class axe guitars made of plywood, this is a good step and the quality is impeccable not to mention that the guitars are out of this world for the money.

Can't really argue with guitars like these:

Comment

DK2M body, KRAMER 24 neck, JBJ ZEBRA, JBJ REVERSE ZEBRA, GIBSON AMBER KNOBS, GOLD FLOYD, caramel switch tip ... Leopard strap ...
      JvicE

Comment

This is not getting easy...

599$ for this one:

or 699$ for:

I wish I could get both!
        JB aka BenoA

Clips and other tunes by BenoA / My Soundcloud page / My YouTube page
        Guitar And Sound (GAS) forum / Boss Katana Amps FB group

Comment

Its a tough call but I still would pick the slinger even though they screwed the retro's headstock up. I read that the trems are the floyd specials? have had a chance to try that out yet. the raw feel of the slinger's neck is what makes it golden to me. the last jackson I had came with ALOT of clear on the neck, kinda slows me down some.

Comment

Never played with those new retro Slingers,i heard some good things about those and i believe someday i'll hit one of those Neon Greens but you can also buy a USA one today with almost the same money..Which is the shitz

Addicted to that Rush..

Comment

Nice guitars k.dee!!! I had a pink one with one humbucker on order in 86 or 87 (can't remember well). At that time, the store where I ordered never got it and after a few months of waits (I've never been very patient) I ended up buying a pointy/curvy Ibanez Axstar that I ended selling very quickly.

voyagerguy, what's wrong between the new and old headstock? The only thing my "non-trained" eyes can see is the fact that the logo is smaller on the newer ones.

BTW, from the pics I could find on the internet of the Gunslinger, the Floyd seems too recessed to install a D-Tuna, can someone confirm this?
              JB aka BenoA

Comment

Some of the pre 86 or 85's used to have headstocks like these, but then again B.C. Rich never really had a cut and paste type of production like Jackson did.

It's a bit hard to follow and might seem unorganized, but i find it's what makes them more unique. Especially when you look from 79' to 84'. There are a lot of valuable guitars made in that period. Pure USA made quality guitars that are seldom found these days. Even the N.J. guitars from those years are brilliant and hold a lot of value. Usually they old japanese guitars can be great players, better than a lot of 80's USA made stuff, but sort of top off as far as their value goes because of the shear amount of them that were made in comparison to their more expensive domestic counterparts. Still beautiful guitars and amazing axes. Yet I'm afraid that with the advent of amazingly crafted and inexpensive Korean guitars, people looking to find some nice 80's N.J. BC's ,or as shown above, awesome playing US made ST-III's will be less tempted to explore vintage instruments. I think it's a necessity for any great musician to have a broad understanding and familiarity of his instrument. You can't get a full grasp of how good a guitar can be if you only have owned or played the same variety for so long. My 2 cents and definitely not criticizing anyone,who doesn't care for old guitars
                Last edited by Fender; 03-18-2010, 06:09 PM.

Comment

benoa
                  the reissue hdsk is smaller on one side (the part above and left of the "B".
                  Something trivial to some I'm sure, but how can they call it a reissue if its not just like the original? just sticks out like a sore thumb to my eyes
                  Last edited by voyagerguy; 03-19-2010, 09:30 AM. Reason: spelling correction

Comment

Too much temptations! Next week I'm pulling the trigger on a 2009 yellow model (Dimarzio SD). The newer ones have a Rockfield Mafia. More infos to come when I get it.
                    JB aka BenoA

Comment

Working...
                    X