New purchase RR5 opinions.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New purchase RR5 opinions.

Hey guys, I'm new here, as you can see. I just won the bid on a RR5 off ebay. The seller claims it was a display model. It looks to be in solid condition I can't wait for it to arrive. I am in the U.S. Army so thats why Ebay was a good option for me, I'm currently in Korea.

A little about myself, I was trying to teach myself guitar with some guides and such before I had joined the military but since I joined I hadn't played at all. I was just begining to learn really and will probably have to start all over from scratch. The good news is there are some good guitarists in my barracks so I will have some aid this time. I decided to buy a Randy Rhoads because everyone says the playability of these guitars is something to be had, I was learning on a strat clone so I wanted to make a good investment that I can learn and hopefully one day shred on.

So anyways I got the RR5 for $545 here are the pics he provided.

As you can see in the final pic theres 2 minor dents in the back, he says its the only damage and the thing plays great. Let me know if I got a deal and if I should be as excited as I am

Looks good to me. Hell of a guitar to learn on. I've been playing for about 8 years now and although I have more expensive guitars , i still play import guitars and Jackson makes a fine import!

Comment

Originally posted by Fender View Post
      Looks good to me. Hell of a guitar to learn on. I've been playing for about 8 years now and although I have more expensive guitars , i still play import guitars and Jackson makes a fine import!
      Thanks, it won't be able to get to Korea fast enough.

I have a question though about shipping it overseas, would it be in danger if I shipped it in a hard case that wasn't fitted especially for the RR or would any hard case be safe?

Comment

You want a fitted case, and if not they better know how to pack a guitar.
        I would ask them how they are going to pack it, or plain old just tell them exactly how you want it packed if it's not going to be in a fitted case.

Comment

Yup, get a fitted case.

I'm super anal about packing when I pack any guitar with a "pointy" headstock, let alone a V. If he isnt going to pack in a fitted case he better get some polyeurethane foam or something in there, or i'd go apeshit. And nobody likes it when I go apeshit.
          I like EL34s.

Comment

Originally posted by fro.xfx View Post
            Thanks, it won't be able to get to Korea fast enough.

I have a question though about shipping it overseas, would it be in danger if I shipped it in a hard case that wasn't fitted especially for the RR or would any hard case be safe?
            It's not a huge deal if they don't, but you should keep in mind that unless you paid for air post, they will ship it by boat, which i guess means you'll maybe see it in a month and it will still cost up to 100-200$ of shipping. I know where you're coming from. If it's a hard case and they can wrap the body in some bubblewrap, and put some packing peanuts inside to avoid it moving around too much, it should be fine. My friend got his V in 1 size fits all kind of case and it used to slosh around in there, but i upholstered some styrofoam inserts for the case and it is form fit now. By the way what's your occupational specialty? I'm fresh meat, i start my BMQ in a couple of weeks.

Comment

Any suggestions on a case that would serve well to ship it overseas with? Something at a decent price would be great.

Comment

Nice Axe man...really nice

Comment

I think an RR5 should come with a form-fitting case :|

I think you can get a "Jackson V Case" off sweetwater, but not sure if its for a rhoads.
                  I like EL34s.

Comment

Working...
                  X