• Active EMGs
    • Ebony fretboard

I bought a DK2. Wait, WTF happened?
    • H-H config <-- nope
    • Strat/superstrat <-- yup
    • No trem <-- nope
    • Active EMGs <-- nope
    • Ebony fretboard <-- nope

Jacksons are basically unobtanium around here. In the four music shops in town (two of which are Jackson dealers), there are 3 Jacksons: a beat up JS, a baritone, and a Rhoads that didn't feel right for me.

So I did something I've never done before, which is buy a guitar based solely on reputation. Forum members and Harmony Central had SUCH good things about the DK2 that I couldn't pass it up for $325.

This is also the first time I've bought an instrument without inspecting and playing it. The pawnshop (near Chicago) is 3 hrs away, so instead of pissing away an entire Saturday I had them mail it to me. The guy said he was a guitar guy, and he answered all the right questions.

Wish me luck!

HERE's the ad while it's still up.
    Jackson DK2 (trans blue)
    Jackson DKMGT, EMG-Hz (trans black)
    Ibanez SZ520QM (blue)
    Esteban American Heritage (HSN special)
    Fender Precision 1982 w/EMG P&J (road worn for real)

I yearn to shred.

It's gone lol. Told you BIATCH . I got two DK2's and i love em. Though, i'd like another DK2M , that thang was the shiz. They aren't the type of guitars you need to worry about cleaning, as you saw, they hold little value, but they are definitely worth more than that in versatility and feel. Congrats dude!

Comment

With or without case?

A 3 hour drive ain't shit. Twice a week I drove 3 1/2 for a year and a half, then 5 1/2 for two.

Comment

Originally posted by Fender View Post
        It's gone lol. Told you BIATCH . I got two DK2's and i love em.
        Heh, yeah. Hopefully this DK is the first of several Jacksons. I actually made an offer for a DKMG with the 85/81 combo earlier in the week but the guy never got back to me. If I bought that one too my wife would kill me.
        Jackson DK2 (trans blue)
        Ibanez SZ520QM (blue)

I yearn to shred.

Comment

As long as your bills are paid, you can do as you please. Buy the fuggin guitar, or save up for a more expensive one
          Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

"Finger on the trigger, back against the wall. Counting rounds and voices, not enough to kill them all" (Ihsahn).

Comment

Originally posted by Duncan_Wood View Post
            If I bought that one too my wife would kill me.

Buy the DKMG and bring it to work to practice on That's what I did with my C.O. Wolbers. The old lady doesn't know about that one yet.

Comment

Originally posted by DonP View Post
              With or without case?
              It was SUPPOSED to have a gig bag, but it showed up today wearing nothing but bubble wrap!
              Jackson DK2 (trans blue)
              Ibanez SZ520QM (blue)

I yearn to shred.

Comment

Pictures good sir!

Comment

Pictures good sir!
                  Yeah, workin' on it man! I was pretty shocked to see the bubble wrap. Haven't had much time to look it over, but it's got a couple of small dings, a couple mild scuffs in the clear and... and...

OK, it's gorgeous. And the action all over the neck is fabulous. But I've never actually SEEN or HELD a DK2 before so I've got to figure out what I'm looking at.

Pic has uploaded. I'll have lots of questions, like where to get a case...

Jackson DK2 (trans blue)
                  Ibanez SZ520QM (blue)

I yearn to shred.

Comment

Gorgeous guitar man, congratulations. When i was in my senior year in high school, i had saved up for a couple of months to buy one of those. I had put it on order in the same color too. After 2 months it still didn't show up, so i took a Trans Red Kelly KE3 they had there and i was pretty happy, but this would've been sweeter

Comment

so i took a Trans Red Kelly KE3 they had there and i was pretty happy, but this would've been sweeter
                      I'd have gone for the Kelly in high school too. \m/
                      Jackson DK2 (trans blue)
                      Ibanez SZ520QM (blue)

I yearn to shred.

Comment

$325 ? nice catch. I paid $550 ( d'oh ! ) for mine a couple years ago. I think you'll be quite happy.

Comment

beautiful guitar, great things about these are that they can grow with your experience level, change the pups to What you want, and you can change the bridge and tuners too, to your preference

Comment

can you take a closer picture of floyd rose, i have two DK2's and on one of them the floyd is considerably cheaper, im just trying to do some research on these dk2's. i would greatly appreciate a closer picture of the floyd rose.
                            thank you

Comment

Beautiful instrument, I have the exact same model on the exact same color, altough it now has some war marks but still it can kick some serious gibson or fender ass for me... have to say the japanese made guitars are really good, altough the frets are kinda wearing out fast... not sure if tis because of my use or if it's common...

"You deserve what you dream"

Comment

Working...
                              X