Moving on up ;). Trading my DK2 for a 94' Soloist pro standard

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Moving on up ;). Trading my DK2 for a 94' Soloist pro standard

Hey guys il be trading one of my Dinky DK2 pile of skulls for a 1994 professional soloist std. Here's a couple of pictures of it. What do you guys think ? I am psyched, i missed having a neck-thru guitar and i dig this one.

I'm gonna give her a nice fretboard cleaning job when i get her home. I might be able to get her ready for tomorrow's jam hehe

Great guitars...I had a white Pro XL...crazy thin neck.

Comment

What are those weird white circle things on the neck?

ohhhh inlays....inlays ...nevermind lol.
      I live on the edge of danger facing life and death every single day.....then I leave her at home and go disarm bombs.

Comment

Originally posted by bombtek View Post
        What are those weird white circle things on the neck?

ohhhh inlays....inlays ...nevermind lol.

Apart from the obvious lack of sharkies, I think you've made a good trade.

Comment

Originally posted by RunDMC View Post

Apart from the obvious lack of sharkies, I think you've made a good trade.
          I don't care too much about that. The shark inlays don't make it play better and it's an Sl3 so it'll never have a tremendous amount of value. Also i had two identical pile of skulls dk2 guitars, so now i finally have a soloist. I am digging it, except he deleted the volume pot so i have to go buy a 500k pot and rewire this bitch, maybe slap some new pick-ups il see. The front has issues with the clear, but it'll be fun to wet sand it and then polish. If the clear isn't thick enough I'll just put some more clear on it.

Here are some pics of it now home!

Comment

I have that same guitar in red. Do you know if those are the stock pickups? Those stock pickups are actually pretty legit, the J-92c in the bridge is a really hot, articulate pickup, so if it's in there, I'd keep it.

Lack of sharkies makes it a little less attractive aesthetically, but man that guitar shreds. Congrats on getting a neck thru. And yeah, definitely a good trade for a DK2

Comment

Originally posted by Krymson86 View Post
              I have that same guitar in red. Do you know if those are the stock pickups? Those stock pickups are actually pretty legit, the J-92c in the bridge is a really hot, articulate pickup, so if it's in there, I'd keep it.

Lack of sharkies makes it a little less attractive aesthetically, but man that guitar shreds. Congrats on getting a neck thru. And yeah, definitely a good trade for a DK2
              I didn't get to play with it much before practice. Got home, reset the floyd and adjusted bridge height a bit. Took it to practice and this thing wails! Again, i don't care about sharks. There are none of my Fender Stratocaster, there are none on my RG's and there are none on my girlfriend, yet all of those three things are hot and i use everyday . The pick-ups... i am not too crazy about. They lacked a bit of gain in my opinion. I prefer still prefer the duncan designs i have in my dk2. The mids and highs are tighter and they have good mid bass response. I guess I'll find a dimarzio to put in, but i am not sure what to go for. I have a feeling this guitar would be suited well with a Tone zone. I love the Evo, but i suspect it only really sounds good in pick-guard, bolt on guitars like the jem for instance. Breed might adapt better. If not a super distortion might also be fun.

thanks for the comments you guys! I am sorry it does not have sharks. Next time i get a string change, I'll have them put some shark fins on there . Make them from whale teeth and while we're at it a body binding all around lol

Comment

That there guitar needs some sharks!

Comment

Originally posted by Fender View Post
                  I don't care too much about that. The shark inlays don't make it play better and it's an Sl3 so it'll never have a tremendous amount of value.
                  Huh? An SL3 does have sharks.
                  I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Originally posted by toejam View Post
                    Huh? An SL3 does have sharks.
                    I know i made a mistake lol. You guys pick up on everything lol. I meant it's an STD pro series. I don't know why they get such bad reputation. Is it really because of inlays. I think this guitar feels and plays awesome. It's not a crappy JS model or something. Except for the inlays and the schaller bridge and possibility different finishes, am i really missing out something ? Anyways, if that's the case, then il be stoked when i eventually get my hands on an XL or pro model

Comment

If it feels and plays awesome, that's all that matters.
                      I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Originally posted by toejam View Post
                        If it feels and plays awesome, that's all that matters.
                        No, it needs Sharks!

To equate to Charvels, I'd call this some sort of Model 5 flavor of guitar. A 550XL Maybe?

Comment

Originally posted by DonP View Post
                          No, it needs Sharks!

Comment

Originally posted by DonP View Post
                            No, it needs Sharks!

To equate to Charvels, I'd call this some sort of Model 5 flavor of guitar. A 550XL Maybe?
                            Seriously, i dig the look of it. Not too much on the eyes. Looks like the type of guitar you can swing around your neck without crying back stage when you nick it. Also it looks a lot like earlier Student Soloist. I diiiiiig it.

Although, I've always want a soloist with maple fretboard. So if it happens, I'll inlay a cock dragon and scallop all the odd numbered frets. Just cause i want to haha

Comment

Originally posted by Fender View Post
                              I know i made a mistake lol. You guys pick up on everything lol. I meant it's an STD pro series. I don't know why they get such bad reputation.
                              That particular model is less sought-after than a Soloist Pro or a Soloist XL because it has the low-end TRS trem, rather than the better Schaller trem. If you replace the trem, then it's not functionally that much different.

Comment

Working...
                              X