Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need Help on this Soloist Pro

What do you guys think?

I emailed for the serial... any thoughts on what year this might be?

sigpic
    Action Jackson

Looks like the Soloist i just got a few days ago. Can't see the trem, but with the sharkies and binding it should be a real pro. However, RacerX told me the Pro's usually had ebony boards. This one looks a little light. If you had closesup of the board, it would help. Would anyone really put a pro truss rod cover on an XL just to fake the trim level? Either way, it looks awesome. The paint looks friggin awesome.

Comment

Wow, that's a great guitar. Price is so-so to borderline good deal.

Comment

When he gets back to me with the serial... if he does, I'm going to take $500 and try to make a deal... times like this $500 seems fair

Would this be in the 89 to 95 Japanese models?

I guess I should just wait for the Serial :think:
        sigpic
        Action Jackson

Comment

Originally posted by Nimitz View Post
          When he gets back to me with the serial... if he does, I'm going to take $500 and try to make a deal... times like this $500 seems fair

Would this be in the 89 to 95 Japanese models?

I guess I should just wait for the Serial :think:
          Well it's japanese for sure, but the serial will definitely score you the exact year of production. I'd try to get that one for sure if i were you, looks like a great score!

Comment

Those are great guitars...and its a real Professional Pro...not an XL. The ebony looks dried out...but some good goo will put it right.

I think $700 for that guitar is a good price...its equal to any SL-1 that's for damn sure...

Comment

Looks like a real Soloist Pro. The board looks like it's dried out/aged, as does the binding, but that'll happen to a guitar that's over 15 years old. It also has the covered J50-C and single coils that were stock on the Pro model.

You could see what the guy says to 500$ but that's about what I paid for my Soloist Pro Standard, so I think mustaine-who? is about right, 700$ish would be a pretty good price. But hey, maybe the guy is just trying to get rid of it, so you might be able to get a steal on it.

Comment

Hard to tell shit from the photos as far as condition, but in great shape I don't think $700 is outrageous at all.

Comment

The late Soloist Pros from 1994-95 (and maybe even a couple years before that) had the name engraved on the truss rod cover. The earlier ones did not, but are otherwise the same. They are great guitars. You don't see that many Pros from after 1991, because many fewer were produced, once Jackson figured out what a boneheaded marketing move they were. Production shifted to the cheaper models, like the Soloist XL and Soloist Std., that could be more easily distinguished from the USA guitars.

Comment

Any of the PROs that have a MOP logo are the top of the line. The lessor models all had the painted logo. And only the PRO had the three controls knobs where as the XL and standard had only two .
                    Mike
                    --------------------------------------------------------------------
                    SLS TG // SLATQH TSB // 2 CS Soloists both 24.75 scale // 5 Archtop PROs //

Comment

... any thoughts on what year this might be?
                      1993-1995 ! The serial will tell ...; older (1990-1992) models didn't have engraved truss rod covers (as mentioned before);
                      and the JE1000TG 9v active electronics, active pick-ups controlled by 3 toggle switches and 3 volume and tone knobs should be:
                      JE-1200, 5-way switch, 1 Vol 1 Mid 1 Tone; pickups: J-200 (neck and middle) and J-50M at the bridge position.

Catalog-scan:
                      uva uvam vivendo varia fit

Comment

If you've got $500 in "times like this", don't try to fuck someone. Cough up the other $200. The economy can't be that bad if you've got excess to spend on luxuries like this.
                        I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Originally posted by Newc View Post
                          If you've got $500 in "times like this", don't try to fuck someone. Cough up the other $200. The economy can't be that bad if you've got excess to spend on luxuries like this.
                          Yeah I have the money for Luxuries but maybe he doesn't :idea:

I'm not trying fuck anybody... except hot Asian Chicks

Besides he never emailed back probably sold it
                          sigpic
                          Action Jackson

Comment

Yeah I have the money for Luxuries but maybe he doesn't :idea:

I'm not trying fuck anybody... except hot Asian Chicks

Besides he never emailed back probably sold it
                            Don't worry about it, it seems like he's hung up about that shit. Maybe someone offered him less than what he was asking for a guitar and now he takes it personally. I would do the same. They are worth 700 maybe at auction, but street value is close to what it's worth by appraisal and the offer you accept. If the guy takes 500$ for a guitar he wants 700$ than Nimitz makes a good deal. They can meet half way at 600$ and still make a good deal. I work hard for my money and if i can save 100$ on a guitar instead of suckering up and paying the full asking price, than i will. Unless the ad strictly stipulates that the price is non-negotiable. He didn't say he wasn't open to offers.

I bought my second ''Pile o' Skulls'' DK2 the other for 300$, and the asking price was 460$. I brought him down to 350$, which i was willing to pay no problem. However, upon inspection of the guitar, i noticed a lot of nicks and dents that weren't described in the ad, so i told him that i wasn't going to pay 350$ for it in shitty condition when i had just bought an identical one but in pristine condition for 340$. We settled at 300$. He must've been happy because it's not like i held a gun to his head.

He'll even I've let some people get away with some nice stuff at my expense. I needed some money and didn't much care for my Prestige RG1570. I had just bought it off some kid for asking price of 800$ (I was like you back then) and then sold it to 650$ after a month and a half online. Unless you are prepared to wait, you should be open to negotiations, same as this guy probably did. Not that it's not worth 700$, but some guy probably said 600$ and i pick it up tonight. You can't say no to that, especially when offers are few and far apart these days.

Comment

Originally posted by Newc View Post
                              Give it up, Newc, you are getting tiresome.
                              "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Working...
                              X