No announcement yet.

Post pics of your Professional Jackson!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Post pics of your Professional Jackson!

Hey er'body !

I know this sort of thread probably exist, but since it isn't stickied or on the front page, than it's my god given right to either give it life again or beat the dead horse...deader? I am not gonna post pictures of mine because, speaking of beating dead horses, i think I haven't shut up since i got it this week end. I am interested in seeing how many of the guys on here have Professionals and how you feel they compare to your USA's or other guitars of higher value.

yes it does exist
    sigpic
    Action Jackson

Comment

:dead:

I don't have guitars of higher value, but I like my Pros. I have a 94 Kelly Std and a 90/91 Charvel Predator. The neck on the Predator is perfection. The Kelly is a bit thin for my tastes, but still a very well-built guitar. Easily at the $700 level of today's lineup.
      Scott

Comment

Originally posted by Spivonious View Post
        :dead:

I don't have guitars of higher value, but I like my Pros. I have a 94 Kelly Std and a 90/91 Charvel Predator. The neck on the Predator is perfection. The Kelly is a bit thin for my tastes, but still a very well-built guitar. Easily at the $700 level of today's lineup.
        Love that cartoon up there hahaha . I knew there'd be one, but specifically i am interested i knowing what people think of them in comparison to other gear. If they have USA's and other good guitars and still find themselves playing their Pros. I know i was thinking the neck is really special on it, unlike any other Jackson i'd played before. My dk2 has a flat but beefier neck in comparison and i quite like the feel of it, but when i switch over to my old wizard neck it feels soooo effing weird. I get a feeling thought that my Professional soloist is almost as thin and flat as my Ibanez. It's really awesome

Comment

It'll be a couple weeks before I post pix of my Jackson Pro Series.
          Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

"Finger on the trigger, back against the wall. Counting rounds and voices, not enough to kill them all" (Ihsahn).

Comment

Originally posted by Nimitz View Post
            That's actually supposed to be about just "Pro" models... the ones with Pro in their name, with ebony boards, etc., and closer to USA models.
            I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Here's my '94 Professional Dinky HX. Only about 100 made, not shown in a catalog. Though, it was shown in the Venneman's Music Emporium newspaper/flyer.

I also used to own this one in deep metallic red.

Comment

Originally posted by toejam View Post
                Here's my '94 Professional Dinky HX. Only about 100 made, not shown in a catalog. Though, it was shown in the Venneman's Music Emporium newspaper/flyer.

I also used to own this one in deep metallic red.
                Wow that's pretty cool. I don't see a lot of strings thru's at Jackson with the exception of some RR's. How does it play man? How much were they worth ?. I've seen a dinky pro or performer (not sure) with maple fretboard and the same dots. It had a floyd though. Is that about the same guitar ? I thought the side fret markers like that may have been on the performer models.

Comment

Some Dinky Reverse (Professional) models did have offset dots like that. I know some Performer models had dots, but I can't recall them offset.
                  I think the HX only sold for about $300 to $500 back then, from what I remember. Probably worth about the same today, I'd think. They are nice, have a thin neck (not Wizard thin), are made of poplar, and the original Jackson pups in them had a push/pull tone pot for coil tapping. I've got an EMG 85 and 60 in it now.
                  Bought it new in '94 or '95, still play it every once in awhile but it needs a little fret work and a new switch. I also prefer thicker necks nowadays, but it is a nice player still.

Comment

Originally posted by toejam View Post
                    Some Dinky Reverse (Professional) models did have offset dots like that. I know some Performer models had dots, but I can't recall them offset.
                    I think the HX only sold for about $300 to $500 back then, from what I remember. Probably worth about the same today, I'd think. They are nice, have a thin neck (not Wizard thin), are made of poplar, and the original Jackson pups in them had a push/pull tone pot for coil tapping. I've got an EMG 85 and 60 in it now.
                    Bought it new in '94 or '95, still play it every once in awhile but it needs a little fret work and a new switch. I also prefer thicker necks nowadays, but it is a nice player still.
                    my old PS-4 had the offset dots

Comment

Oh, yeah! I forgot about those. I did have a PS-4 neck on a Warrior MG body at one time.

Comment

Yeah, my ps-4 had those dots and my dinky reverse has them too. My kelley mutt has a ps-4 neck on it with them too.

Comment

This is my first, and only Jackson.... many more to come... hopefully... (if I win the lottery).

DR3

Yo Kramer Infinity Sustainer
                          Kramer Focus 3000
                          Jackson DR3
                          Washburn SB-8 T-Bird

Comment

wow the quilted maple on it is amazing. Even though it's probably laminate. Also lovely paintjob. Looks like a Caribbean ocean bed. Reverse sharks and headstock; all the goodies! Nice one

Comment

Ya... it's a factory installed graphic... not sure how they do it? I wish it was the finish... It's really more green than blue... Just always shows up more blue in photos.

Anyway though... still looks good.

Thanks
                              Dave
                              Yo Kramer Infinity Sustainer
                              Kramer Focus 3000
                              Jackson DR3
                              Washburn SB-8 T-Bird

Comment

Working...
                              X