Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NGD (belated) DK7

Thx to Trussrod for the heads up!!

750xl, 88LE, AT1, Roswell Pro, SG-X, 4 others...
    Stilletto Duece 1/2 Stack, MkIII Mini-Stack, J-Station, 12 spaces of misc rack stuff, Sonar 4, Event 20/20, misc outboard stuff...

Why do I still want MORE?

Looks cool, I would like one of those. Is this just like a seven string Dr3 that is missing the floyd?

How much are they?
    SACRILEGE

Guitars: Jackson King V, Jackson Kelly, Jackson DXMG, Jackson DK2M, Squier Stratocaster MIJ '85 and B.C Rich Whitelock
    Amps: Mesa Boogie Triple Rectifier, Marshall Valvestate 8100 and Peavey Windsor halfstacks.

Comment

Originally posted by nor View Post
      Looks good, glad you got that guitar. I really wanted a JCF member to get it. Enjoy!

Comment

Originally posted by HoddiDarko View Post
        Looks cool, I would like one of those. Is this just like a seven string Dr3 that is missing the floyd?

How much are they?
        That's exactly what it is. In fact, this model was actually called the "DR7".

The "DK7" is Jackson's designation for what we around here typically call the "COW 7"--the Christian Olde Wolbers signature model. The DR7 goes back much further to about 1999-2000. I owned one briefly, but it wasn't quite my thing. The ones with fixed bridges like this typically sell for about $250-300 on eBay. They also made a version with a Floyd, and those sell for a little more.

Be careful when looking for these, though, because Jackson also made a much cheaper, crappier version called the "DX7" that was made (poorly, IMHO) in India. The best way to tell them apart is that the DR7 has satin chrome hardware, while the DX7 has shiny chrome hardware. The serial numbers and neckplates are also different, but those are often difficult to see in detail on eBay listings.
        Last edited by pro-fusion; 04-05-2010, 02:49 PM.

Comment

Then mine would be a dx7. It's got the satin HW. Plays and sounds pretty good, tho.
          Stilletto Duece 1/2 Stack, MkIII Mini-Stack, J-Station, 12 spaces of misc rack stuff, Sonar 4, Event 20/20, misc outboard stuff...

Comment

Originally posted by pro-fusion View Post
            The best way to tell them apart is that the DR7 has satin chrome hardware, while the DX7 has shiny chrome hardware. The serial numbers and neckplates are also different, but those are often difficult to see in detail on eBay listings.
            You've got a DR7 since you have the satin or as some people call it "titanium" (just for the dullness, not actual material) hardware. I've got a DR7 myself in trans red and I was questioning the DK7 title myself. Sweet looking guitar!

I just mostly bought mine just because I wanted to try out a 7 string and it sold for relatively cheap. I swapped out the pups with a set of Dimarzio Blaze & Sonic and it really woke it up!
            Chris

Is there any other brand of guitar...?

My fleet of guitars
            http://www.angelfire.com/va2/ckjones

Comment

Hey man, were you the one selling that Firebird on craigslist a while ago??? Or are you the one who bought it???
              "Yet, every little piss ant wanna' be death metal wiener will just carbon copy the next phase.." Kam Lee/Massacre

LEFTY METAL HEAD!

Comment

Originally posted by DeathThrashAttack View Post
                Hey man, were you the one selling that Firebird on craigslist a while ago??? Or are you the one who bought it???
                http://www.jcfonline.com/forums/showthread.php?t=102369
                Hail yesterday

Comment

LOL! DTA - you were in that thread!

Comment

LOL! DTA - you were in that thread!
                    Cocaine's a hell of a drug.

Comment

Working...
                    X