No announcement yet.

Is the DK2M Discontinued?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How do we know the DK2M is the best selling import? Has Jackson released any sales figures? I'd have put my money on the DK2 or RR3 as the best selling line.

Comment

The RR3 according to Sam Ash, is also discontinued!

There are tons of other jacksons listed as discontinued or "not available", I really doubt that it's been axed.

Comment

The RR3 model and all the other pro series MIJ Jacksons are getting binding so your going to see the model that has no binding listed as discontinued because they are.
        Again were talking about the DK2M and again you bring up only one dealer that has a model as discontinued.

Comment

Originally posted by Rich#6 View Post
          The RR3 model and all the other pro series MIJ Jacksons are getting binding so your going to see the model that has no binding listed as discontinued because they are.
          Again were talking about the DK2M and again you bring up only one dealer that has a model as discontinued.
          And? Point being that just because they're listed as "discontinued" doesn't make it so. And unless we see it dissappear from the website, or Jackson say "It's discontinued", I see no convincing evidence to say it is.

The only "evidence" so far is that a few dealers say "discontinued", some say they are only "unavailable", and alot are still selling them with no indication it being discontinued what-so-ever. Wikipedia say's it's discontinued (without a single source cited), and we all know about wikipedia by now. Also, if it's still up on the website, and dealers FREQUENTLY list items items as discontinued when they're not, I really don't see what evidence there is.

However, if what you said is true, and that all pro-series MIJ Jacksons are being discontinued to be updated or for whatever reason, then the mystery is solved and we can all rest well.

Comment

have you ever been to the jackson/charvel website?
            it's not really known as the most up do date website ever... actually; I'd rather believe what wikipedia says than what the jackson homepage says.

I'm not saying they are discontinued, I just wanna say that the fact of the J/C homepage not loosing a word about it is not a proove for these guitars NOT beeing discontinued.
            tremstick give-away (performer series trem)

Comment

The COW is still listed on the website and I believe that's discontinued and the DK2M is not in the 2010 price listing another bad sign.

Comment

Actually there are no "M" models in the 2010 price list.
                GTWGITS! - RacerX

Comment

I recently bought a DK2M and am very pleased with it. With regard to its potential discontinuation; has anybody tried emailing jackson directly and asking?

Comment

I bought an Inferno Red DK2M new a little over a year ago when GC had them for $299.99. I can't believe Jackson would drop such a hot selling model.

Then again, the Knoxville GC has ZERO new Jacksons. None. Nada. This has been the case for several months since they unloaded their last low-level import, which was mainly what they carried anyway.
                    Member - National Sarcasm Society

"Oh, sure. Like we need your support."

Comment

Working...
                    X