'93 Mustaine Signature King V Pro, Pr0n inside

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• '93 Mustaine Signature King V Pro, Pr0n inside

Ive had this guitar for a while (few months) yet today as I was giving it a string change and a fretboard oil it was sitting there on its stand and I thought it was to beautiful to just leave there, I decided to take some pictures and here they are. Due to my apparent disability at photography and my crappy camera the photos do not even begin to do the guitar justice but here are the photos anyway.

The guitar plays amazingly and sounds even better, It is in good condition for being 17 years old and I got it for a good price. Enjoy
    Gear:
    93 Jackson KV Pro
    07 Dean VMNT1 (Modded)
    07 Cort VX-4V
    Franken Strat

Nice. This model's price has been rising dramatically the last few years.
    "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Always been really interested in kahlers for some reason, this is no exception. Great lookin V man, get jammin!
      "Dave Mustaine - apparently, he invented thrash AND Christmas." - Grandturk

Comment

great! It's one of the few signature guitar I would buy.

Comment

Nice man. How much did you get it for if you don't mind my asking?
          I only need one more guitar.

Comment

Originally posted by Forrest View Post
            Nice man. How much did you get it for if you don't mind my asking?
            I got it for $1358 however I live in the uk and the currency exchange was in my favour, I got it for £800 which is about the price of a new RR5.
            Gear:
            93 Jackson KV Pro
            07 Dean VMNT1 (Modded)
            07 Cort VX-4V
            Franken Strat

Comment

nice. does it play better than your livewired VMNT1?

Comment

Originally posted by DV8 View Post
                nice. does it play better than your livewired VMNT1?
                Way Better, its not really a comparison, it also sounds quite alot better in my opinion. I honestly have no idea why Dave switched to Esp and Dean, I guess it was mainly down to politics as the import VMNT he plays live now are nothing compared to his old jacksons.
                Gear:
                93 Jackson KV Pro
                07 Dean VMNT1 (Modded)
                07 Cort VX-4V
                Franken Strat

Comment

Originally posted by Matthiasdeo View Post
                  I got it for $1358 however I live in the uk and the currency exchange was in my favour, I got it for £800 which is about the price of a new RR5.
                  as an RR5 owner i feel qualified to say you did good
                  good tone isn't something you learn, its something you develop.

Comment

Kickass!

Comment

Originally posted by Killertofu View Post
                      as an RR5 owner i feel qualified to say you did good

I am probably going to do a cover of lucretia tommorow and put it up on youtube. Hopefullyit can give you guys an idea of how awesome and in love I am with this guitar :P
                      Gear:
                      93 Jackson KV Pro
                      07 Dean VMNT1 (Modded)
                      07 Cort VX-4V
                      Franken Strat

Comment

please, check your pm

Comment

Originally posted by Matthiasdeo View Post
                          Way Better, its not really a comparison, it also sounds quite alot better in my opinion. I honestly have no idea why Dave switched to Esp and Dean, I guess it was mainly down to politics as the import VMNT he plays live now are nothing compared to his old jacksons.
                          hah, thinking the guitars Dave himself plays are imports. I guarantee they're USA-Made.

I've only ever seen a Mustaine KV Pro once, and it had one of those false kahlers, the top-mount fixed-bridge made by kahler. Is that what this one has?
                          ENGL E530. ProRackG. Mesa 50/50.
                          Celestion G12K-85s in a Peavey MS-412 cab.
                          Pile of 7-string guitars.
                          Charvel Model 4
                          Metal all the time.

Comment

Originally posted by Ketzer View Post
                            hah, thinking the guitars Dave himself plays are imports. I guarantee they're USA-Made.
                            Go behind the scenes with the Megadeth Stage Techs and get a first hand look at the gear being used during the "Rust In Peace" 20th Anniversary Tour.

"We currently have 3 Korean-made VMNTs in rotation ...an Angel of Deth model, a Rust In Peace model and a silver finished one. The "RIP" is on hiatus till I do a little fretwork on it now. The Korean made Deans are really nice, and they use a different grade of mahogany on them and that wood happens to weigh less, so Dave favours those from time to time. Maybe a little less low-end but they still sound good"

Comment

Originally posted by Ketzer View Post

I've only ever seen a Mustaine KV Pro once, and it had one of those false kahlers, the top-mount fixed-bridge made by kahler. Is that what this one has?
                              Willie Gee, Daves Guitar tech, has on said that Dave plays the korean ones live because they are slightly lighter (therefore easier on his back) and sound very similiar to the USA ones. All of the Silver, Black and graphic guitars he plays are imports, the only usa made ones are the transparent top ones

All of Dave's Jacksons (aside from floyds and string-thru) had the Kahler 3330 (one of the best fixed bridges in my opinion), the KV pro is almost identical spec-wise to his KV1s and his own customs, he actually almost exclusivly played the KV pros while touring for youthanasia and the KV pros are widely considered to be as good as or better than his KV1s playability wise and with a change of pick ups sound very similiar.
                              Last edited by Matthiasdeo; 01-06-2011, 01:21 PM.
                              Gear:
                              93 Jackson KV Pro
                              07 Dean VMNT1 (Modded)
                              07 Cort VX-4V
                              Franken Strat

Comment

Working...
                              X