Identification (Big ass pictures)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Identification (Big ass pictures)

The serial is 9643409. Reverse headstock and sharkies. It looks like a JT580LP, hardware is all some kind of powder chrome. The Duncan in the bridge is not stock, came with some Duncan Designed.

As you can see, it's beat to shit. It's my buddy's and he's thinking of making a project to revive it. Thanks, guys!

I made sure to get the tip of the headstock in the top shot, just for RacerX <3

Comment

Looks like a DR3 early 2000s, someone else (RacerX) can probably tell you the year from the serial. IIRC, the neck pocket should be stamped with a date too. BTW, you weren't kidding about it being beat to shit. Has it been sitting in two feet of water for a long period of time? That thing has got some serious rust.

Comment

Oh yeah and the trem says Takeuchi on the bottom.

Comment

I saw one of these (same model, trans green) go for around $250 on ebay. It was in perfect shape, had an upgraded brass block and HSC.

If you plan on changing the brass block on the tremolo be sure to check the screw-to-baseplate spacing to make sure it is 17 mm. The Takeuchi JT580LP's might all be 21 mm. This could save you the trouble of buying a part you can't use.

Comment

I have a KV3 with the same powdered chrome finish. I think it's something to do with that finish that leads to rusting more than usual. I've gone over my trem a few times with steel wool to scrape out the thin layers of rust that form every now and then. My guitar never travels, my room isn't particularly humid or dry, I think that particular finish just flakes off over time and then rusts out.

Comment

Originally posted by cixelsyd View Post
              I made sure to get the tip of the headstock in the top shot, just for RacerX <3

Awwww!

964 should be approx 1999 give or take
              "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

I am disappointed. Where are the pictures of big ass? :think:

Comment

I took the neck off, it is indeed a 1999 DR3. Made in...?

Comment

Originally posted by cixelsyd View Post
                    I took the neck off, it is indeed a 1999 DR3. Made in...?
                    Seven digit serial starting with 9= made in japan.

Comment

3228 Misato Meisei
                      Azumino-city
                      Nagano Pref
                      Japan

Comment

http://audiozone.dk/index-filer/jack...al-history.htm

Comment

Originally posted by Krymson86 View Post
                          I have a KV3 with the same powdered chrome finish. I think it's something to do with that finish that leads to rusting more than usual. I've gone over my trem a few times with steel wool to scrape out the thin layers of rust that form every now and then. My guitar never travels, my room isn't particularly humid or dry, I think that particular finish just flakes off over time and then rusts out.
                          I dunno. I think that guitar was subjected to a pretty harsh environment. I've got a few Seymour Duncan Invaders that are 25 years old and they don't have anywhere near as much rust as the one in that picture.

Comment

Thanks, guys. Yeah, he said it's been between all kinds of environments, though no direct abuse. We live in the Northeast US, though, where there are plenty of cold, hot, salty and wet environments.

Comment

Working...
                            X