Stealth Project guitar

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stealth Project guitar

Hi guys. I am almost done with my project, I hope to have the pickups and bridge installed by next week. I have a lefty original floyd rose for it, a Seymour Duncan JB for the bridge spot, Vintage rails for the mid spot and a Hot rails for the neck spot. I've been working on this guitar since January and it was pretty rough when I got it. The tip of the head stock had been broken off, the body had all kinds of scratches and chips and most of the hardware was MIA. I just finished cutting and buffing the body. This is my first time completely redoing a guitar and I think it came out pretty good. So on to some pictures:
    Here is what I started with

Sanding the body down

Neck stripped

Neck refinished

Basecoat on the headstock after repair

After decal and clearcoat

Body after basecoat, clearcoat and wetsanding

Final assembly after cutting and buffing and a coat of wax

Headstock repair went well, I cant even tell where it was broken.

I'll try to get some better pictures in the sunlight soon.

Looks good. That is a sweet, really deep blue. Is it me or is that logo HUGE??
    Every man dies... Not every man really lives!!

Comment

That looks really nice, also, I'm loving that colour!
      Gear:
      93 Jackson KV Pro
      07 Dean VMNT1 (Modded)
      07 Cort VX-4V
      Franken Strat

Comment

I think it just looks big because it's on a lefty headstock. The length between J and n seems to be some 4,5 tuners which is about the same as with my guitars.

Comment

Where did you get that decal?

Looks cool btw. Even tho lefty's always seem so weird.
          SACRILEGE

Guitars: Jackson King V, Jackson Kelly, Jackson DXMG, Jackson DK2M, Squier Stratocaster MIJ '85 and B.C Rich Whitelock
          Amps: Mesa Boogie Triple Rectifier, Marshall Valvestate 8100 and Peavey Windsor halfstacks.

Comment

Thanks guys. I got the decal from best-decals.com It must be because it is a lefty, the decal is exactly the same size as the logo on my rr3.

Comment

That finish looks really professionaL, nice job!

Comment

hi! looks awesome! I have a paint question for you. what steps did you do after wet sanding? did you clear it again? or just buff it? can you walk me through the steps after the final wet sand? cause that's where im at. thanks!

Comment

After wetsanding with 2000 grit I used 3M Rubbing compound and a microfiber cloth. You use it pretty much like wax. I think buffing the entire body by hand took about 2 hours but you will see results as soon as you wipe the compound off.

Comment

Working...
                  X