Serial number help, please.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Serial number help, please.

I know there are a lot of this threads... but I can't find a way to decifer a Jackson serial number.

A few days ago I bought a Jackson with a Seymour Duncan JF TB-4 and a Schaller bridge. The seller told me it's an American made Jackson but I don't think this is the case. It's a black Jackson RX10D model with sharkfin inlays and a bolt-on neck. There is no additional info on the neck or on the body (I took it apart). The headstock only says "Jackson". Professional or Performer is not printed on the headstock.

The serial number is: 99081045

I think it's a korean made guitar or something. But what I really want to know is the age of the guitar.
    How do I decifer the serial?
    Last edited by Gnarkill2k6; 04-26-2010, 04:55 AM.

Most likely Made in India in 1999.

Tot ziens!
    "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Thanks RacerX, of moet ik bedankt zeggen? ;-)

Back in English for the rest of the folks...
      How do you know it's made in India? is the 99 at the beginning simply the year of build?

Comment

If it is a RX10D, it's either India or Japan. Definitely not US.
        Scott

Comment

Thanks. How sure is the dating of 1999 btw?

Comment

99.9 % sure

MII serial = 8 digits long, certain years were in the first 2 digits (ie 99xxxxxx = 1999 India, 20xxxxxx = 2000 India, 2005xxxx = 2005 India).

I believe some more recent Indian guitars serials have 9 digits, it's the year followed by 5 digits, ie 2009xxxxx.
            "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Alright thanks. Maybe I'll put that info on the neck-plate.

Comment

Working...
              X