Info on Professional Dinky Revs?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Info on Professional Dinky Revs?

Can someone give me a quick 101 on Dinky Revs from the Professional series? I'm looking at several guitars both on eBay, forums and local sales and I see tons of models with no model numbers so I'd like to learn a bit more.

I'd also like to know what's the ballpark price for these guitars.

Edit: Found all the catalogs and identified most models...so basically I just want to know prices.
    Last edited by 3nz; 04-27-2010, 10:04 AM.

Really depends on condition...knowledge of seller...and your desire for one.

I own 2. One I bought back in 1996 new...and I will never sell. Perfect necks. Thin...flat radius (non-compound I believe)...and fast. I just upgraded mine with a Gotoh trem and Dimarzio Crunch Lab/Liquifire combo, tho before I ran SD Full Shred set and loved it.

The second is a flat blue ash special with Teguchi (sp?) trem. Played for about an hour when new then sat in the closet. Not a single dent/scratch/nick. Frets are un-touched. Picked it up for $200 shipped. Thinking about an Evo2 set for the ash body.

Let me put it like this...I have bought and then sold:

Jackson SL-1
    Jackson KV-1
    Charvel 5a
    Charvel Model A
    Peavey Vandenberg
    Ibanez 760
    Caparison Dellinger

Sold them all and still have the Reverse Professional. None of them played better enough to justify the 300-400% cost over the Reverses.

Comment

I had 2 of them, too. Both had the JT-590 bridge (Schaller) which is "better" than the JT-580 (Takeuchi), mustain-who? mentioned above.
      I put DiMarzios in one and EMGs in the other and both played just great. Neck: thin & fast !

I eventually sold the one with DiMarzios, because I had got an offer, I just couldn't turn down. (From a guy, who talked to me right after a gig, where I had played the guitar)

So basically, great guitars for "little" money - I paid ~ 200 Euros off eBay
      uva uvam vivendo varia fit

Comment

I have 2. I believe they are a 94 & 95 mdel year. My main one has the JT580LP trem on it. I will have thet guitar forever. As said above, a great thin neck. It has been the most durable steady guitar I've ever owned. The second one is one I got off of Ebay with a hard case for $250 shipped. It needed a little fret work but was in great shape. Personally, I love these so much that I'd spend a little over normal for one in great condition.
        My Toys:
        '94 Dinky Rev. Purple Burst Flame Top
        '94 Dinky Rev. Cherry Burst Flame Top
        '94 Dinky Rev. Purple Burst Quilt Top
        '94 Dinky HX in Black
        '12 ESP Mii NTB in Black

Comment

Working...
        X