I scored an awesome deal on a 95 Fusion STD

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I scored an awesome deal on a 95 Fusion STD

Hey all, I just wanted to show off my new acquisition. Its a 1995 Fusion Standard in awesome shape!! I scored it for $100 withe the hardshell case!! I couldn't believe it when the guy said he would take $100 for it!! Here it is:

S/N is 500275, so that leads me to believe it is from 1995. There isn't even a scratch on the thing!! I was buying a 1993 Rhoads Pro from him, and saw this one sitting on a stand in the corner of his room. I asked him if he wanted to part with it, and he asked how much I could offer him. I told him $100 not believing he would bite at it, and he did!! I feel this was an awesome score, and and very happy with it. i do have a question though.

It seems like the 6-E string is sloppy. Not terribly, but sloppy. All the other strings tension seems right, but when I pick the 6 string, it seems to have a lot of give to it and not much tension. Is this my imagination, or could it be the nut or saddle is worn out?

Sorry if this is posted in the wrong section, still trying to figure all this web community stuff. Thanks for the look all!!

Hoss

very nice, man. I love a good Fusion
    Hail yesterday

Comment

Nice.....
      Charvel CST 060 1992
      Charvel CST 070 1992
      Charvel CDS 090 1993
      Gibson Les Paul Standard 1993
      Gibson Les Paul DC 2007
      Gibson Les Paul Traditional 2013
      Gibson Les Paul Classic 1999
      Duesenberg 49er 2012
      Duesenberg V-Caster 2007
      Duesenberg Starcaster 2006
      History TH-LS Limited 2009
      History SH-LSV 2010

Comment

Thanks man!! Any ideas on the low E string and why it seems to be a little sloppy? The neck is straight and the frets are in good shape. It has four springs in the cavity, but just doesn't feel right. I guess I could be imagining things. This fusion does have great action altogether, though, and the neck feel is awesome.

Comment

pretty cool

Comment

Hey, I just noticed you're in Somerset. I'm in Allegheny county. I used to enjoy trips to Rector, Beams Cliffs, etc.

Comment

Originally posted by confluence6 View Post
              Thanks man!! Any ideas on the low E string and why it seems to be a little sloppy? The neck is straight and the frets are in good shape. It has four springs in the cavity, but just doesn't feel right. I guess I could be imagining things. This fusion does have great action altogether, though, and the neck feel is awesome.
              High E from a thinner set than the rest?

4 springs makes me think heavy(er) strings than 10's
              "There's nothing taking away from the pure masculinity I possess"

-"You like Anime"

"....crap!"

Comment

Originally posted by Trussrod View Post
                Hey, I just noticed you're in Somerset. I'm in Allegheny county. I used to enjoy trips to Rector, Beams Cliffs, etc.
                Cool man!! I haven't been to Beams Rocks in a while. I like going to this place a couple miles from here called big rocks. It's a pretty cool place to go and chill out, and enjoy some herbal refreshments!! GO PENS!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Nightbat View Post
                  High E from a thinner set than the rest?

4 springs makes me think heavy(er) strings than 10's
                  No, I put a fresh set of 11's on it after I got it. Thanks for the reply though!!

Comment

Good score.

I was going to say put new strings on, but you did that.

Make sure the nut locks are working. Hook up a tuner, and try pressing the E string between the tuner and nut. The string should not go up in pitch. If it is, your string is slipping past the nut.

The Fusion should play the best of all three since it has the same scale as the Gibson

Comment

Working...
                    X