I think I bought a fake Jackson RR-3 two years ago :'(

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I think I bought a fake Jackson RR-3 two years ago :'(

Two years ago I bought a jackson RR-3 for around 300$. It sounded way too good to be true and I really needed a guitar at that time, so I jumped on it.

Today, I went to the music store and I saw the exact same model of my RR-3 on the wall, except for 1000$. I asked the salesman and he told me that it has always been 1000$ for the real RR-3's made in japan. Has the RR-3 from japan ever been priced at 300$-500$ retail?

Then, I went to another music store and saw the Eerie Diess RR-3 [black/green ice cream color] for around 749$. I'm so confused with the RR-3 pricing!

Here are some photos. Please tell me it's not a counterfeit RR-3 :'(

oh yeah, i didn't take a photo but the plastic cover where it covers the truss rod doesn't have any RR markings or prints...

Comment

Looks like a legit RR3 to me.
      You got a great deal.
      -Rick

Comment

Originally posted by rjohnstone View Post
        Looks like a legit RR3 to me. You got a great deal.
        +1 - besides, I have yet to see anyone venture into the fake import-arena yet...it's usually US bolt-on guitars that you need to watch out for...
        Crime doesn't pay. Neither does lutherie...

Comment

RR3's are only about $700 new. $3-500 depending on condition seems about right from what I've seen. Yours looks pretty nice, sounds like good deal to me.
          Every man dies... Not every man really lives!!

Comment

I picked up a mint RR3 Crimson Swirl for $200 about 1 1/2 years ago, so I don't think $300 is out of the question. Ya got a great deal too! From what I can see in your pics, she looks legit. Enjoy!!
            My Charvel/Jackson Family

Comment

It looks real to me.

Comment

Looks totally legit.
                Did you buy yours new at a store or used?

Also, the price nowadays includes a case, so has gone up quite a bit compared to two years ago.
                No need to worry, instead be happy about the great deal you got.
                http://www.myspace.com/officialuncreation

Comment

Nope, its a fake.
                  I am a ....ummmm...hmm .....Federal counterfeit import guitar stopper person. I am going to have to confiscate that bogus RR3. Send me a private message and I will send you my adress so you can ship it to me....I mean my official government departments adress hehe....oh you are gonna have to pick up any and all shipping costs on this. There is no way that the government can be expected to to pay for that! Oh now that it has been brought to my attention, you absolutely HAVE to send it. Soooooooo...chop chop. Oh and pack it well please. I don't want to have the shipping apes wreck my new g.....the counterfeit Jackson.
                  I live on the edge of danger facing life and death every single day.....then I leave her at home and go disarm bombs.

Comment

Not only is it real but the top on that one looks better than normal.

Comment

Originally posted by norgos View Post
                      Today, I went to the music store and I saw the exact same model of my RR-3 on the wall, except for 1000$. I asked the salesman and he told me that it has always been 1000$ for the real RR-3's made in japan.(
                      Tell the fucker he's a bloody lying thief

Not even Graphic RR3's reach the $1000

At least you know you'll be buying guitars at that other shop since $749 sounds alot closer to the truth
                      "There's nothing taking away from the pure masculinity I possess"

-"You like Anime"

"....crap!"

Comment

$1000 sounds like an RR5 to me. Maybe the store is just stupid?

This story reminds me of a $200 Fender (MIM Deluxe) Telecaster I got at a yard sale. Same price range new as an RR3, so I thought it was a fake. Also turned out to be real. Don't be suspicious just because it's a good price.

Comment

Anyone paying $1000 for a bolt on RR would be sick in the head. Imports and USA's for that price used in good condition.

Comment

Originally posted by bombtek View Post
                            nope, its a fake.
                            I am a ....ummmm...hmm .....federal counterfeit import guitar stopper person.
                            "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Yeah dude. And another way to tell is unbolt the neck it will be stamped on the body and sometimes the neck.. And 3-500 is going price for good used RR3's

Comment

Working...
                              X