X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NGD Jackson Stars Soloist

Ok here it is ;

Jackson Stars LTD ASL - TN01 :

My photos suck, but it looks sweet, and I cant believe how nice the tone is. Really bitey and kinda punchy without being piercing. And the natural finish is bewdiful

Nice score. Congrats. Is this your first Jackson?
    Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

"Finger on the trigger, back against the wall. Counting rounds and voices, not enough to kill them all" (Ihsahn).

Comment

Nice piece of furniture there!
      "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Thanks

My second Jackson actually, had a KingV a while back, but this is the highest quality guitar Ive ever owned, thats for sure. Just feels so right.

Comment

Very nice dude!! I tell you what. These Jackson Stars are some damn fine crafted guitars. Would even say they come REALLY close to riviling the USA models. guess it should though. thats like Japans US models for them.. I too am part of the stars family.. but mines a Rhoads.. Congrats

Comment

Yea man the Stars have some real nice RRs, thats for sure. And now is a good time to buy, as they are all heavily discounted here in Japan due to the name changing to just Jackson. So hold on to your Stars, it may become sought after in the future!
            Which model do you have?

Comment

Wow, nice.
              "illegal downloading saved people from having to buy that piece of shit you tried to pass off as music" - Nighbat

Comment

That is hot. Is the body mahogany on that below the flame cap? It almost looks like a koa type grain in some places to my untrained eye.
                GTWGITS! - RacerX

Comment

Nice!!
                  Every man dies... Not every man really lives!!

Comment

Originally posted by Hellbat View Post
                    That is hot. Is the body mahogany on that below the flame cap? It almost looks like a koa type grain in some places to my untrained eye.
                    Yea man its a mahogany body, maple top with maple neck thru and ebony board.
                    The tone is just so hot, it really sings.

Comment

Nice guitar. I have an SL-J1 (Ash body) and an SL-TN01 (mahogany body, maple top). I don't like the JB in the bridge of the SL-TN01 as much as the Custom in the bridge of the SL-J1. What pickups are in your guitar?

As an aside, do you live in Japan?
                      Last edited by QuantumRider; 05-06-2010, 06:00 PM.
                      Until you get weaned off the boobie, you are going to have to do what the wife wants too. -Rsmacker

Comment

I have the 59, JB combo. Ive never tried the Custom before, what do you thin the benefits will be?

Oh yea, I live in Tokyo, for 2 years now. Its great, especially when you want a new guitar! Im from Aus.

Comment

Custom sounds great in a regular Soloist with the tone knob disconnected (kills too much treble otherwise) and I imagine it would sound pretty damned nice in a Mahogany one, too.

It's a good, ballsy pickup, like a beefy PAF kind of tone, cleans up decent, but it works for about anything, aggressive or not.

Nice guitar, man! I've seen a few Stars I wouldn't mind having in the slightest, but never pulled the trigger, but for sure they crank out some nice stuff.

Comment

Absolutely love it! Man that looks nice.

Comment

Really nice! I love natural maple flame.

Comment

Working...
                              X