Where are the "Grover Jacksons" at?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where are the "Grover Jacksons" at?

I just joined up to this site. MAN am i glad i ran across it.. But what i would like to know is where can i find a Jackson from the era that they had the Grover Jackson Logo on the headstock..

I see em rarely on ebay and because of that they are usually priced pretty high.. I have a soloist that i found a good deal on. It was pretty beat up but i put an Orginal FLoyd rose and EMG 81/85 in it with some locking tuners. Pics of it are below..

The Fingerboard is odd as well. Color is off from normal Rosewood, and it has no binding. But i used Dr. Stringfellows love juice on it (bad dry) quite a few times cleaned up nicely. but still has this caramal color to it..

But i want to add a Rhoads Neckthru/stringthru to my collection as well as a Charvel "Avenger" Rhoads Preferablly Neckthru as well.. (if made)

But I ran across that Jacksonguitar.org and Damn Lots of different models are out there but not many this side of the big pond... Found a few on Japan ebay but Cant figure out how to buy!! LOL

Anyways. Id love to see some members collections or Guitars from this Era of Jacksons history..

Bob

The charvel avenger was only a bolt on. The grover jacksons became Jacksonstars and are for the Japanese market. It's the same factory as an other charvel Jackson that is made in japan.

Comment

Ah. Was there another Charvel "rhoads" that was a neckthru.. Thought i ran across that awhile back. maybe had the toothpaste logo?

Comment

Looks like an SL4.

Comment

Its a great feel. Neck Heel Is amazing.. But picked it up for 300.. and surprising enough. it was local!!.. I live in a town of 10k ppl.. So blew my mind when i found out the guy lived like 20 miles away..

Keep your eyes peeled for me. really want a Grover Jackson Rhoads for my collection

Comment

Originally posted by DonP View Post
            Looks like an SL4.
            If the SL4 had 24 frets instead of 22.
            I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Grover Jackson became Jackson Stars as has been noted already. They're not really all that valuable in terms of actually increasingly in value. They're just sort of a nifty thing to have if you have one. Quality wise they're about the same as the Pro series of guitars. Also, you can tell by the route for the Floyd that that guitar originally came with a JT580, but the original owner seems to have upgraded to an original Floyd. Also, I'd suggest buying the locking nut parts because the Floyd is pretty useless without it.

Nice looking guitar, and that's a pretty good deal. I don't know if it's worth seeking out "Grover Jackson" guitars to collect them though.

Comment

Originally posted by Corpsegrinder88 View Post
                Ah. Was there another Charvel "rhoads" that was a neckthru.. Thought i ran across that awhile back. maybe had the toothpaste logo?
                Yes, I remember that one...IIRC it was Japan market only & pretty rare, so good luck finding one. Console yourself with the already reported fact that these were all made in the same (high quality) factory in Japan.
                "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

I've got a bolty Grover Jackson with piranha inlays. It looks exactly like my DKMG's except its thicker.

Comment

Working...
                  X