Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How do you tell if you have a KE3 or ??

Getting ready to sell my Kelly to make room for a KE2 but i bought this from the orginal owner. Older gentleman that said he wanted to try an Electric but couldnt get the feel since he always played acoustics.. He said it was a KE3 but there are no markings on the body or the Neck pocket..

SO how does one tell? serial number is 00010397 Fairly old. Has the sparkle finish on it.

Ill post a pic in a few.. wiping it down at the moment

But i figured the guru's would know without pics..

Thanks
    Last edited by Corpsegrinder88; 07-09-2010, 12:03 PM.

Well, at first, that serial number seems non-Jackson. Too many digits.
    HTTP 404 - Signature Not Found

Comment

Originally posted by Twitch View Post
      Well, at first, that serial number seems non-Jackson. Too many digits.
      Looks fine to me, although I'd expect it to start with a 9. No markings on the heel is very suspicious.
      Scott

Comment

it is old. if i remember correctly i think he said he bought it in 90-91. It was quite a few years ago but defintally didnt come off as questionable.. i mean he sold it to me CHEAP! i mean really cheap..

Comment

Serial # could be an Indian model from 2000. Possibly a KX10 or something.
          "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

I just did some picture searching and found a Kelly STD that was identical to mine.. in every way.. Couldnt see the serial number but looks close enough.. but this might be one for the old timers... Mainly just trying to get resale value.. I dont play this at all actually.. I put in the EMG's but also still have the factory PUP's that came in it as well..

http://www.ioffer.com/i/Modified-Jac...dard-120857375

Last edited by Corpsegrinder88; 05-12-2010, 05:31 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by RacerX View Post
              Serial # could be an Indian model from 2000. Possibly a KX10 or something.
              It had the Made in Japan Sticker on the back of the neck but i took it off.. Hmmmm Hate when they dont mark stuff on the neck pocket!

Comment

Originally posted by Spivonious View Post
                Looks fine to me, although I'd expect it to start with a 9. No markings on the heel is very suspicious.
                Miscounted, I counted 9 digits for some reason.

Comment

I had a Dinky once that had the 8 digit serial without the Jackson logo on the neck plate. Had reverse sharkies too. Never could figure out exactly what model it was.

Comment

A Kelly STD from 90-91 would be dots and say professional on the headstock. I don't think KE3's ever came with a JT500 bridge which I think that is (doesn't say "made in germany" by the tremolo bar, right?). I'm no expert by any means but I'm guessing a Kelly Performer body/bridge/neckplate and a KE3 neck. Or what Ron said (X-series) but the scan page is too blurry to make out..
                    Last edited by warlok; 05-12-2010, 02:24 AM.
                    Every man dies... Not every man really lives!!

Comment

Value is around 100 -150 IMO

Comment

JK-20 Musicians friend run, made in indonesia.
                        METAL, LIVE IT!

Comment

Guess i should have mentioned it had the Made in Japan sticker on the back, i put the black trem on there off a dinky. took the chrome stuff off. didnt look good. but what about the serial number? i own a lot of jacksons all up and down the price range. this one is the oldest non us one i have..

Hmmm.. makes you wonder what that guy in the link has now? its the same exact guitar..

Guess we wont know for sure..
                          Last edited by Corpsegrinder88; 05-12-2010, 05:37 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by jacksonaxes View Post
                            made in indonesia.
                            Are you sure? India is where the lower line Jacksons get/got made.

Comment

Originally posted by RacerX View Post
                              Are you sure? India is where the lower line Jacksons get/got made.
                              Must be India then, I bought my nephew one around 2000, $399.00 with case, that S# does not look Japanese To me?
                              METAL, LIVE IT!

Comment

Working...
                              X