Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question About GC’s Damaged Merchandise Policy

GC Ruined My NGD

I ordered a used Japanese DR3 from GC and was told the condition of the guitar was excellent. Also, since it didn’t come with a case I was told they would pack it well and there wouldn’t be any issues. Well, I got the guitar today and it looked new EXCEPT for the damage to the body. The guitar was packed in a Squier box with almost no padding and the volume knob was forced into the body so hard it broke the wood. You have to look hard to see the damage but I can feel the knob rubbing against the wood when I turn it. They forgot the whammy bar, too.

My question is: What will GC do about this issue? Will I get a partial refund or will I have to return it?

Call the store you bought it from. Chances are theyll just make you send it back, but they could give you some money back if you talk to the right person.
    Imagine, being able to be magically whisked away to... Delaware. Hi... Im in... Delaware...

Comment

you might be able to take it into any GC and get your money back. If you can't see it well, why not just raise the knob so it doesn't rub( they may not have noticed it either).

Comment

Or they could be dicks(which they very well might do) and say sold as is, sorry and take no responsibility for how they packed. Sorry to be the nay sayer or to shit in your wheaties, but the fact of the matter is that I nor any number of people would piss on a GC to put out a fire.
        HTTP 404 - Signature Not Found

Comment

Twitch - what if the fire was right at the front door.. And the USA Soloist behind it was ready to burn.. but if you pissed on the fire, you could reach it and save it, run home, and nobody would know? Never say never!!! Just saying.. lol
          Every man dies... Not every man really lives!!

Comment

What was the ship method used?
            "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Originally posted by racerx View Post
              what was the ship method used?
              ups

Comment

I talked to a GC manager yesterday over the phone. Since the purchase was made over the phone and a few states away I had the option of sending pics and an email or going to a local GC to return it. I opted for the email and pics and let the guy know I would accept a price reduction. Well, he called today and agreed with my offer. I should have purchased a hardshell case and returned it locally which is what I'll do next time I mail order a guitar from them.

When it comes to gear I’ve purchased GC has treated me well every time--better than any of the old mom and pop businesses that I dealt with decades ago (which are also out of business—no need to wonder why) and all the other guitar stores staffed with “experts.” Maybe you guys who bag on GC have reason to, but I consider myself lucky to have the opportunity to get great deals on used stuff from ANY GC in the USA and have it sent directly to my door.

I’ll post NGD pics in another thread.

Comment

Hey, glad that worked out for you, Trussrod!
                  "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Originally posted by RacerX View Post
                    Hey, glad that worked out for you, Trussrod!
                    Thanks, RacerX. I'm glad, too. This guitar sounds great--it has a quality to its tone that I haven't found in any other guitar. Really amazing and it looks good despite the damage to the wood.

Comment

The "damage" may have released the extra tone. Glad it worked out for you to your satisfaction, and sorry to read a thread where someone received a damaged guitar. i know that bums the hell out of me. Looking forward to the new axe, and bang, problems as soon as its unpacked. Again, glad to hear you're happy.

As for pissing on the fire outside the door et al, I love my Jacksons but I'm not all that big on burning my d*** unless its from overuse. I can always track down another guitar to use for the gig tonight, but I need toolage for the aftershow activities. Priorities man, priorities.
                      Why the hell doesn't Eddie pick up a goddamned guitar and play something?

Current Junk:
                      98 ESP S'burst Tiger,(2) 85 Jackson Soloists (1 pink, 1 red and a white 85 Rhoads),08 Wayne,98 Blackmore, 91 375 Deluxe, 91 MM EVH Purple, 75 Ibanez Korina Destroyer,74 Strat, 78 JMP, 87 JCM800, (2) 80 Hamer Sunbursts, Peavey Vandenberg Custom Puzzle, 335, LPR8, 80 Dimarzio Explorer, 80 Dimarzio Strat, 84 Charvel, Nightswan, LPC Lite, old Baretta, etc. etc. +stuff. [sigpic=true][/sigpic]

Comment

NGD post here: http://www.jcfonline.com/threads/106953-Ngd-Dr3

Comment

Working...
                        X