who can date my import?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• who can date my import?

cant seem to find infor on import serial numbers on the web.

any takers?

Thanks

There's a thread on here that tries to make a database comparing serial numbers to years. Take the neck off and look at the heel. It should be stamped with the date.

Comment

6 digits, is it a neck through? If so, will be kinda difficult to "Take the neck off and look at the heel" snort

OK, need more info, (describe the thing) or a pic.
      "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

^ +1

The serial alone means nothing on imports, especially six digit serials.
        Scott

Comment

Originally posted by Jr_vw2 View Post
          who can date my import?
          Is she hot?

Comment

Originally posted by DonP View Post
            Is she hot?
            Yeah, what kind of body?
            I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Originally posted by DonP View Post
              Is she hot?
              Scott

Comment

It is an AT2T here are pics of the guitar and of the neck and pocket. I would assume the red is a date code. but I dunno.

Comment

I post pics and the thread goes dead.

Comment

Probably a '97. http://audiozone.dk/cm/displayimage.php?album=54&pos=14
                    I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Yeah I went through the catalog scans but I couldn't really tell how many years they made the at2t. They made the at1 for a few years but I'm not sure on the at2t

Comment

Nice! I had one in black many years ago, got used from the bay. I liked everything about it except the bridge, a Wilkinson wrap around. I couldn't get used to the stud screw head at the top where I rest my palm. This was the first time I had a guitar with a wrap around bridge, and I figure almost all these bridges have the same design..and now I know I don' like em! Too bad cos a lot of PRS use these. Oh well. I ended up trading it to GC for a used Soldano 2x12 cab loaded w celestion V30s (go me!). The pickups were decent too. IIRC, pickups were designed by Kent Armstrong.
                        "Your work is ingenius…it’s quality work….and there are simply too many notes…that’s all, just cut a few, and it’ll be perfect."

Comment

funny stuff....that is my very same impression of this guitar. I like everything about it except the stud on the bridge....It just feels so unatural to me. Maybe ai will get used to it.

Comment

Looks like it was made in 1929. :P

I'm going to take a guess and say that 9. 1.29 means January 29th, 1999.

Found a HC review that states it was discontinued before 2000. http://reviews.harmony-central.com/r...kson/AT2T/10/1
                            Last edited by Spivonious; 05-14-2010, 07:14 AM.
                            Scott

Comment

Originally posted by Spivonious View Post
                              I'm going to take a guess and say that 9. 1.29 means January 29th, 1999.
                              I was thinking the same.

Must be a really cheap guitar - they can't even spend money to ink on a proper date. Cheap asses

Comment

Working...
                              X