Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Active Pickups in DK2

Hi,
    I'm thinking about changing pickups in my 2008's Jackson DK2. Now, there is one Seymour Duncan SH-4 (TB-4 in fact) and two Seymour Duncan STK-S1. I would like to try active EMGs: 81, SA, SA. I am wondering if there is enough space for a battery.

Have you ever tried something like this?

Thanks for help in advance

Should be plenty of space. I fit two batteries in the control cavity of a Fusion.

Comment

Originally posted by Robin92 View Post
      Hi,
      I'm thinking about changing pickups in my 2008's Jackson DK2. Now, there is one Seymour Duncan SH-4 (TB-4 in fact) and two Seymour Duncan STK-S1. I would like to try active EMGs: 81, SA, SA. I am wondering if there is enough space for a battery.

Have you ever tried something like this?

Thanks for help in advance
      I have SD Livewires S/S/H in my DK2 and they run on 18V. The cavity is plenty big.
      I'm just doing the best I can with my limited skills...

Comment

Give me your TB-4
        Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

"Finger on the trigger, back against the wall. Counting rounds and voices, not enough to kill them all" (Ihsahn).

Comment

I also had a project like in mind for my DK2 pro. I'm just wondering if the EMG 81/SA/SA would sound any good? Anyone have any thoughts before I start working on this project?

Comment

I was recently considering putting a sustaniac in my DK2. Would it work with an EMG active pup in the bridge?
            "Some days you're the dog, other days you're the hydrant." - on the back of the business card for Bella the Pomeranian

The comments expressed here do not necessarily reflect the opinions of management.

Comment

Originally posted by stevoc View Post
              I was recently considering putting a sustaniac in my DK2. Would it work with an EMG active pup in the bridge?
              I think it would be cheaper just getting a DK2S.

Comment

You're probably right!
                "Some days you're the dog, other days you're the hydrant." - on the back of the business card for Bella the Pomeranian

The comments expressed here do not necessarily reflect the opinions of management.

Comment

Originally posted by Death X View Post
                  I also had a project like in mind for my DK2 pro. I'm just wondering if the EMG 81/SA/SA would sound any good? Anyone have any thoughts before I start working on this project?
                  In my opinion 81 will sound too bright in alder body...You better off using 85 in bridge. I moded my DKMG with 85/60 and it sounds wonderful.
                  I'm just doing the best I can with my limited skills...

Comment

Originally posted by yeline23 View Post
                    In my opinion 81 will sound too bright in alder body...You better off using 85 in bridge. I moded my DKMG with 85/60 and it sounds wonderful.
                    My DK2 pro right now sounds a little too bassy right now with the S. Duncan. So a little brighter tone might not be such a bad thing in my case. Did you have to make any modifications (cutting or sanding) on the body to install the EMG 81/60?

Anyone else have any experience swapping out the S. Duncan pick up for an EMG 81?

Thanks in advance for your input!

Comment

An EMG will fit in that pickup route just fine.
                      I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Thanks for your input Newc and Yeline!

Comment

Working...
                        X