What's the consensus on this thing?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What's the consensus on this thing?

Shop the best selection of popular guitars: ? guaranteed low price, ? free shipping, ? 0% financing, ? 8% back in rewards.

I am pretty meh on the gold hardware, but for the same price as a DK2 basically, you get the Korean Floyd over the JT-580 (or whatever it is) and Dimarzios which might be a nice change from the Duncans... It is basswood though.

:think:

Yes, it's basswood. I have one and I swapped pickups, the tone zone is a little too dark in basswood for me. The purple is very blue in sunlight but an awesome purple in house light. It's basically a DXMG with a quilt veneer top, gold hardware, korean floyd, and dimarzios. I just sold a american made dr2 because I love this guitar more.

Comment

I don't understand the attraction of purple over quilt maple... or almost any other color over quilt maple. Blech.

But - hey, if you dig it, go for it. I like the H-H combination and the Dimarzios.
      -------------------------
      Blank yo!

Comment

I am not a huge quilt fan, but I already have a few flamed guitars, and no purple ones... So yeah. I am more interested in this because it seems better value with better parts than a DK2. If I buy used I would prefer the DK2M but I only found one I was real interested in and waiting a day too long, and someone snatched it up before me.

I could always swap the pickups with my Soloist too, I find the JB a bit bright in that thing, which is in the back of my mind.

Comment

The Tom Lee in Richmond has several various DK2 models in stock including a black DK2M and a trans blue one. They also have IIRC a DK2T and a DK2S or two.
          GTWGITS! - RacerX

Comment

Hey guys, can you please tell me about this model? I've never seen it before. Have they stopped making them? When did production start?

Thanks

Comment

It's a musiciansfriend/guitar center/music123 exclusive. Which also means that they only made a limited number of them.

Comment

They must have gotten too many Tone Zones & Evo's for the SoCals. I wasn't impressed with that combo...at all.

Comment

[QUOTE]
                  They must have gotten too many Tone Zones & Evo's for the SoCals. I wasn't impressed with that combo...at all. [QUOTE]I thought they sounded great in my socal I had but muddy in this guitar.

Comment

Originally posted by chrisolson View Post
                    They must have gotten too many Tone Zones & Evo's for the SoCals. I wasn't impressed with that combo...at all.
                    I dig it in my US Fusion. Picked up a set out of a So Cal in the classifieds.
                    Hail yesterday

Comment

I'm curious how a TZ or a Super D would sound in a DK2M. Probably with a Air Norton at the neck. Anyone have any thoughts?

Comment

purpleburst over quilt and gold hardware. It's like a pimp's guitar.
                        Scott

Comment

I'm curious how a TZ or a Super D would sound in a DK2M.
                          The TZ in alder is great, just give a listen to a charvel socal. I have a air norton in my 2005/promod mutt and it sounds great in the neck too!

Comment

Originally posted by VitaminG View Post
                            I dig it in my US Fusion. Picked up a set out of a So Cal in the classifieds.
                            I'm just not much for Dimarzio. I've given the Tone Zone MANY chances, but it never was really able to blow me away. The combo wasn't BAD in the SoCal, but I thought it could be a lot better.

I'd take my JB over almost anything - and I KNOW some people hate those too.

To each their own.

Comment

Originally posted by chrisolson View Post
                              I'm just not much for Dimarzio. I've given the Tone Zone MANY chances, but it never was really able to blow me away. The combo wasn't BAD in the SoCal, but I thought it could be a lot better.

I'd take my JB over almost anything - and I KNOW some people hate those too.

To each their own.
                              I'd take a Tone Zone over the JB any day. In fact, didn't I get my first Tone Zone from you in a trade for a JB many years ago?
                              I do actually like the JB in my Hamer Special.
                              I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Working...
                              X