Anybody got a Jackson Stars Rhoads?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anybody got a Jackson Stars Rhoads?

What are they like? I'm thinking about getting one of these (RR-TN02) from ishibashi

If it's not around by the time I have the money then I'm getting a Matt Tuck sig so if you have any opinions on that too would be great.
    Gear

Jackson DXMG
    Jackson JS30RR
    Boss ML2 Metalcore Pedal
    Dunlop GCB-95 Crybaby
    Blackstar HT5H
    Marshall MC212

Gear I want

Jackson RR1T Black
    Marshall JCM 800 2203
    Marshall 1960A Cab

I've got two, and they are like sexmachines.
    http://www.myspace.com/officialuncreation

Comment

What model is it? and could anyone tell me about the colour difference between striped? ebony and normal ebony is striped more brown?
      Gear

Jackson DXMG
      Jackson JS30RR
      Boss ML2 Metalcore Pedal
      Dunlop GCB-95 Crybaby
      Blackstar HT5H
      Marshall MC212

Gear I want

Jackson RR1T Black
      Marshall JCM 800 2203
      Marshall 1960A Cab

Comment

Here's the online catalogue so you can see for yourself:

http://jackson.fender.jp/catalogue/c...tid=1276208091

It's a TN-02, so second from top spec: MOTO inlays instead of MoP on the TN-01, it comes with a soft-case instead of a hard-case and has wings made of alder instead of mahogany. Stripped ebony is more brown and has figuring (streaks) in it.

IIRC Shadowcats' guitars are all top-of the line ones, the equivalent to TN-01 (called J1 at the time). Back when yen was weak and the Japanese (semi-)custom shop was open, they were good deals. Not so sure any more.

Here's my Jackson Stars CS 7-string Kelly, which I ordered through Ishibashi:

I have three USA Jacksons and while the Stars is quite a different guitar, it is, IMO, of similar quality.

If I was you, given exchange rates, frankly I'd probably buy a 2nd hand RR1 from the US. If you have to have an RR & 24 frets, I'd try to get a TN-01 or, if you don't want one in black, a second hand J1. You should have a look at Ikkbe-Gakki too, as the Stars line was being blown out.

Best of luck with whatever you decide.

Comment

I thought the RR TN models had 22 frets? I know the older J1/J2s had 24, but I seem to recall that being one of the big changes made to that line to keep us from getting a 24 fret RR1?
          I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

The price I can see that the TN02 is going for is £753, I tried looking at ikebe and ishibashis website but couldn't get a translator.

I saw the RR1s from the US at the £1,200 mark while that's similar to the price the matt tuck I was going to get, wonder how much I could find an EDS RR1T for =D
            Gear

Jackson DXMG
            Jackson JS30RR
            Boss ML2 Metalcore Pedal
            Dunlop GCB-95 Crybaby
            Blackstar HT5H
            Marshall MC212

Gear I want

Jackson RR1T Black
            Marshall JCM 800 2203
            Marshall 1960A Cab

Comment

The TN-01 and TN-02 RRs still have 24 frets, but I don't know is if they're being phased out as the standard Jackson line is being phased in.

Comment

I noticed something while looking on Ikebe gakki, since jackson is now just jackson over there they have a RR02 and a RR03, both quite boring though tbh
                Gear

Jackson DXMG
                Jackson JS30RR
                Boss ML2 Metalcore Pedal
                Dunlop GCB-95 Crybaby
                Blackstar HT5H
                Marshall MC212

Gear I want

Jackson RR1T Black
                Marshall JCM 800 2203
                Marshall 1960A Cab

Comment

Here's my RRJ1E, it's a 2006 with ash body & EMGs

DSC_0001.jpg
                  "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

I think the Japanese model Jackson RRs are still 24 frets.

This is the striped ebony fretboard on my SL-TN02...

Comment

Working...
                    X