Warrior ID (Large pics)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Warrior ID (Large pics)

Hey guys, I acquired another Jackson! For free! Now to figure out wtf it is... I can't read what's stamped in the pocket. The neck obviously says KE3 but it's clearly not a Kelly.

Duncan Designed Detonators, JT-580LP (?)

It appears to be a mutt.
    The neck was taken from a Ke3 and put into this warrior. The neckplate might belong to the warrior or it might not. The body is appears to be a WRXT body.

Comment

That's a WRXT Warrior.

It's common for Jackson to use misc. necks. In my RR3, I have a KVX10D neck, (body stamped RR3, neck stamped KVX10D), and yes I bought it new like that.

Comment

My KVX10 has a KE3 neck on it too, bought it new. You might figure a year going through here though:
        "illegal downloading saved people from having to buy that piece of shit you tried to pass off as music" - Nighbat

Comment

I've previously owned both a WRMG and KE3. The KE3's neck always felt thinner and more comfortable. Alas, all my bolt-on Jacksons have been sold off. I've turned into a neckthru snob
          Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

"Finger on the trigger, back against the wall. Counting rounds and voices, not enough to kill them all" (Ihsahn).

Comment

Thanks, folks! I had a setup done on it today, and the guy at the store told me the input jack was shot... I don't agree, I'm pretty sure it's the volume pot. Good thing I was planning on rewiring and replacing pickups anyway. Any suggestions? These DD pickups sound okay, but not amazing.

I have SH6B/SH2N in my Kelly. The guys at the store recommended some DiMarzios, but no specific models. I really like the sound of my Kelly, but I also want a different tone for this guitar. I play metal mostly thrash/power/melodic type stuff. I'll probably use this axe for leads and alternate rhythm tracking.

Comment

Dimarzio's would probably be best for Basswood. I'd recommend the X2N or Crunchlab for the bridge pickup, and a PAF Pro or PAF Joe OR Liquifire for the neck.

Fuck, maybe even a breed or EVO set.

Comment

This is the first I've ever heard of Jackson using necks from other models - could it be they took my advice all those years ago?

Seriously, with very few exceptions, every time I'd swap older Jackson import necks between two different models, both would play and feel better than factory - lower action, more natural feel like that neck was made for that body, etc.
                I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Originally posted by Newc View Post
                  This is the first I've ever heard of Jackson using necks from other models - could it be they took my advice all those years ago?

Seriously, with very few exceptions, every time I'd swap older Jackson import necks between two different models, both would play and feel better than factory - lower action, more natural feel like that neck was made for that body, etc.
                  Really? I had a thread on mine not too long ago actually.

Maybe you're the neck whisperer, and you know all the secrets of guitar necks

Comment

I've got a DK2M neck on a WRMG body that plays and feels better than the original did. Then there was the BGF KVX10 that I put a DKMG neck and had USA-level action. The KV neck went on the DK body, and aside from a gap on either side, the action was lower and smoother end to end.

Only ones that really didn't work out were the Guitar Center 3x3 Dinky neck on the JS30WR (too fat, too much neck angle), and the Dinky Reverse neck on the DK2 (too wide).
                    I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

Comment

I LOVE the neck on this WRXT, but I've also heard of people buying necks for other guitars. I was doing some recording and switching back and forth between this and my Kelly (upgraded JK20 Pro), and it's amazing how different it feels. I will definitely be putting some money into this guitar for upgrades. Speaking of, how are these trems known to be? Worth keeping, or should I just bite the bullet and go for an OFR? I don't use the trem a LOT, but I want complete stability when I do.

Comment

I think they're decent, if you have the money and want your Floyd to say Floyd Rose instead of Jackson, I'd do it.

Comment

The good ones are good, and the bad ones suck ass. Fine tuners that slip, saddles that won't intonate, wobbly bars, etc. If it doesn't have those problems, keep it.

Comment

i put Gibson 500t and 496r in my WRXT when i had it and it sounded great, full thick and had clarity for solos.
                            Gil

Comment

Working...
                            X