What guitar is this?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What guitar is this?

Found this guitar on CL, and someone mutilated it by drilling holes in the body and installing crystals in them???

Anyway, was considering picking it up and filling the holes and refinishing the body.

But am wondering what model it is? All the info I have about it is these pictures. No idea if it's bolt-on neck or what. Any ideas? Thanks!

My Gear: Stoneman SG-1, Hufschmid Tantalum H6, ESP KH-6, Sully #8 JCF One-Off, Templar GuitarWorks Relic Prototype, James Hetfield Tribal Hunt KL Explorer, Coobeetsa CCG-10-DX PRO Eagle, Schecter Hellraiser C-1 Hybrid, Daly Heiro Custom, Gibson Les Paul Custom, Gibson SG Menace, Peavey Vypyr 60 Tube

"You are dog shit in my shoe." -Newc

link?
    Imagine, being able to be magically whisked away to... Delaware. Hi... Im in... Delaware...

Comment

The ad on CL had no info whatsoever, just the above 4 pictures and the info about the holes and crystals.
      The ad is gone now, but someone I know got it and I could still get it.
      It looks like maybe a DR3 to me? But I don't know all the models.
      I could get it and a couple of other lower-end guitars in trade for my Warlock.
      Just wanted to find out quality of it and if it would be worth fixing up?
      I really miss having a Jackson and my Warlock just isn't cutting it for me.....
      Last edited by DalyTek; 06-27-2010, 05:52 PM.
      My Gear: Stoneman SG-1, Hufschmid Tantalum H6, ESP KH-6, Sully #8 JCF One-Off, Templar GuitarWorks Relic Prototype, James Hetfield Tribal Hunt KL Explorer, Coobeetsa CCG-10-DX PRO Eagle, Schecter Hellraiser C-1 Hybrid, Daly Heiro Custom, Gibson Les Paul Custom, Gibson SG Menace, Peavey Vypyr 60 Tube

Comment

Never mind, the ad is still up.

LINK

Comment

Looks like a DR3.Trashed out to the max $50.00
          Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

Personally wouldn't bother.

Going to put more money into the guitar than you will end up paying for it (Fairly)?

No, no, no in my opinion.
            I like EL34s.

Comment

What kind of bridge is that? I assume it's a Licensed Floyd Rose, but is it one of the good quality made ones or one of the junk ones? What's up with the rainbow/oilslick hardware?

Comment

Had kids and couldn't afford a coloring book??
                Every man dies... Not every man really lives!!

Comment

I'd get it. But then again, I'm an idiot like that.

It's a bolt on for sure, the headstock on the side has some "wood grain" colouring. My guess would be maybe a stealth or something along those lines. I'm going to check some of the catalogues and see what I can find. I'm kind of curious myself.

Comment

Jesus Christ I'm a moron, did research, it's a DR3. If you end up getting it, definitely make a thread on it.

Comment

Well I dom't know if I want to make the trade for it.

My Warlock has all gold hardware, an OFR, and a set of Seymour Duncan Distortions in it.
                      It's a great guitar, but I don't really play it. I'd much rather have a Jackson again.

He's offered this Jackson and 3 cheapo Strats (Squire Affinity, Sysnsonics & Austin) for it.

Bottom line, if I strip it down, fill the holes and repaint it, will I like it? What is the quality like on the DR3? I can't find much info...

Comment

Originally posted by DalyTek View Post
                        He's offered this Jackson and 3 cheapo Strats (Squire Affinity, Sysnsonics & Austin) for it.

Bottom line, if I strip it down, fill the holes and repaint it, will I like it? What is the quality like on the DR3? I can't find much info...
                        I have a DR3 and love it--quality is top notch. DR3's are MIJ. It's the best sounding electric guitar I've ever played for a metal/distorted tone. I like the tone more than my Les Paul Custom, DK2 and countless other guitars I've played in the last 30 years. The pups were upgraded to a TB4 in the bridge and a '59 in the neck. Mahogany was an option for the body the year mine was made, but I'm not sure if mine is mahogany or not. The trem should be a JT580LP--that's what appears to be on the one in the pics you posted.

Can't you just offer the seller $40? Good luck and give us an update after you decide.

Comment

Yuck. I wouldn't bother with it now. Looks like ass! You could do much better and find a newer one.
                          I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Don't trade your Rich for it, buy the fucker.

Comment

I stupidly traded my Jackson Kelly quite a while ago for a Strat, and HATED that stupid Strat.
                              I wound up trading the Strat for this Warlock, and upgraded the pickups and wiring in it.
                              I miss my Jackson and want to go back where I belong.

I have been trying to trade it on CL for quite a while for a Jackson, but not having any luck.
                              The original seller sold it, but I know who bought it, and he wants $90 for it.
                              I don't have squat for cash, so all I can do is try to find something to trade, and it doesn't seem like a good trade for the Warlock.....

Comment

Working...
                              X