No announcement yet.

My Japanese Jacksons - My pride & joy!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My Japanese Jacksons - My pride & joy!

Hey everyone! I've been a member since ... god knows when...i think may be 2002. For many a reason I never posted anything. But now that I am using two Jackson Dinkys, I felt like sharing their beauty with you. Here you go -

The white one is a Jackson Dinky DK2M with Seymour Duncans SH2N & JB4s, 24 fret maple fretboard & a licenced floyd rose. Strangely, the bridge has quite a good tuning stability, something I didn't really expect from a licenced floyd. Made In Japan. Plays like a dream, sounds so beautiful - with so much character and fiery, creamy passion!

The Black One is a Dinky MGT with rosewood fretboard, EMG HZ pickups, a customized boost knob to add 20 dbs, string thru body bridge, and a beautiful arched top. I use 10s in this one to get a powerful rock rhythm sound.

If you are ever in the market for some good quality rock guitar, do give these two some serious consideration. Being made in Japan, they are built with high quality, much much better than Korea or Mexico. Also the prices are quite reasonable and well worth. You really can't go very wrong with any of these.

I love them both.

Ashique M. Fahim
    Instrumental Rock Guitarist
    Fahim Ahmed is on Facebook. Join Facebook to connect with Fahim Ahmed and others you may know. Facebook gives people the power to share and makes the world more open and connected.
    Ashique M. Fahim
    Instrumental Rock Guitarist/Singer/Songwriter

www.facebook.com/iamfahim
    www.myspace.com/amfahim
    www.reverbnation.com/ashiquemfahim
    www.youtube.com/kalapoka666

Nice guitars. I like them, what are the EMG HZ's like?
    Charvel CST 060 1992
    Charvel CST 070 1992
    Charvel CDS 090 1993
    Gibson Les Paul Standard 1993
    Gibson Les Paul DC 2007
    Gibson Les Paul Traditional 2013
    Gibson Les Paul Classic 1999
    Duesenberg 49er 2012
    Duesenberg V-Caster 2007
    Duesenberg Starcaster 2006
    History TH-LS Limited 2009
    History SH-LSV 2010

Comment

Originally posted by THOMO View Post
      Nice guitars. I like them, what are the EMG HZ's like?
      Hmm that is one less than perfect thing about the MGT. To me the HZs are lifeless. They are LOUD and Heavy, but they don't really have a character, you know? Esp compared to the duncans, they sound quite sterile. I will swap them soon! May be EMG 81s or some other Duncans. I love Duncans! What a kick ass pickup line!
      Ashique M. Fahim

www.myspace.com/amfahim

Comment

Originally posted by kalapoka View Post
        Hmm that is one less than perfect thing about the MGT. To me the HZs are lifeless. They are LOUD and Heavy, but they don't really have a character, you know? Esp compared to the duncans, they sound quite sterile. I will swap them soon! May be EMG 81s or some other Duncans. I love Duncans! What a kick ass pickup line!
        If you think the HZ's sound sterile, I'd advice you to steer clear of the EMG-81, which is extremely dry and toneless. While that may be desirable in some rigs, my guess is that you'd be disappointed - especially if you're a fan of Duncans.

Comment

I "almost" have the same two. A crimson red DK2M and a transblack DK2T. My favorites!
          Sam

Comment

Originally posted by Sunbane View Post
            If you think the HZ's sound sterile, I'd advice you to steer clear of the EMG-81, which is extremely dry and toneless. While that may be desirable in some rigs, my guess is that you'd be disappointed - especially if you're a fan of Duncans.
            Hey mate thanks for the heads up. I was also thinking the same. May be I'd go for Dave Mustaine's Duncan. Not sure though, am broke
            Ashique M. Fahim

www.myspace.com/amfahim

Comment

Originally posted by emperor_black View Post
              I "almost" have the same two. A crimson red DK2M and a transblack DK2T. My favorites!
              "Almost!" Post some pics man!!! Lets share the love!!!!
              Ashique M. Fahim

www.myspace.com/amfahim

Comment

White DK2M is a very beautiful guitar!

Ashique, were you aware that it was the JCF who came up with the idea of the DK2M?
                "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Originally posted by kalapoka View Post
                  Hey mate thanks for the heads up. I was also thinking the same. May be I'd go for Dave Mustaine's Duncan. Not sure though, am broke
                  I tried the EMG-81/85 in the DK2T and DKMGT and it sucked balls. Now, I have Dimarzio X2N's and they kick ASS! For the DK2M, I got two vintage X2N's and they look cool with the maple fretboard. Yeah, I'll need to take some pics and post 'em.
                  Sam

Comment

Originally posted by RacerX View Post
                    White DK2M is a very beautiful guitar!

Ashique, were you aware that it was the JCF who came up with the idea of the DK2M?
                    WOW Really!!!??? You mean it was here, in this very forum where it was thought of and cooked up???? Niceeee!!!! It really is beautiful. And for the affordable price that it has, is SO worth the money!!! I first thought of getting the Eerie Dess Swirl one, but later thought of spending that additional 100$ in the DKMGT, and seriously, I don't regret it. I LOVE the white finish, looks SO 80's (80's - where all the good rock music was born )
                    Ashique M. Fahim

www.myspace.com/amfahim

Comment

Originally posted by emperor_black View Post
                      I tried the EMG-81/85 in the DK2T and DKMGT and it sucked balls. Now, I have Dimarzio X2N's and they kick ASS! For the DK2M, I got two vintage X2N's and they look cool with the maple fretboard. Yeah, I'll need to take some pics and post 'em.
                      Yah man, waiting for it ...Also, I think we need to start a thread where we can share sound clips of our weapons or may be finished songs, demos etc. How about that?
                      Ashique M. Fahim

www.myspace.com/amfahim

Comment

Ha, there you go! The two vintage X2N's sort of form a similar pattern to the maple fretboard. The Bridge pup on the DK2T is also a X2N.

And here they are hanging out with their Yankee cousin.

Sam

Comment

Lol @ Yankee Cousin hahaha...super collection man!!!
                          Isn't it strange how once you get one jackson, you just wanna get more and more????
                          Ashique M. Fahim

www.myspace.com/amfahim

Comment

Working...
                          X