• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good for you. Worth the wait!

Comment

Originally posted by Chief_CrazyTalk View Post
      Good for you. Worth the wait!
      I'm sure it will be.
      Last edited by unknown; 07-25-2010, 11:38 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by wilkinsi View Post
        Yes, it will look brown, depending on the lighting of the room.

I've previously owned a DK2S in amber sunburst (the later one with black hardware). Nice guitar. Like an idiot, I traded it towards an RR24...
        What is bad about the RR24 in comparison to the DK2S?

I used to have a cheap Jackson RR guitar many years ago. It liked to neck dive really bad, hated that.

Comment

Originally posted by unknown View Post
          I've been needing a new guitar for a while now. My current cheapo Jackson Dinky has worn frets and the Floyd goes out of tune if you breath on it. Haha. Not quite that bad, but bad enough I don't wammy on it.

The good thing to is I was planning on getting a totally different guitar and was preparing for the headache of getting a battery cover slot drilled out in the back, then spending 10+ hours installing a Sustainiac.

Then came across the Jackson DK2S and figured that would be a no brainer as it would easily replace my worn Jackson Dinky, and it already has the Sustainiac. Though, I'd be willing to pay a few extra hundred to get a Neck thru and MOP inlays.

Same here. I lost my old Charvel model 1 a while ago and have been without a guitar, aside from a tele, for months. I thought about the DK2S but decided on the october pearl finish. Had they had one in that finish, I may have went with it. Definitely a better choice than retrofitting one, imo.

Let us know how it is when you get it, bro.

Comment

I've had two DK2's and a DR3 and the e string has never come off the edge of the fret board. A PS4 is a budget priced guitar and the trans finishes are a photograph of wood grain glued to the body. I wouldn't compare a PS4 to a DK2. If you're willing to buy used expect to pay around $400 for a DK2S.

Comment

Got it ordered through Piney Hills.
              Excellent, Nick is the best. Congrats!
              MakeAJazzNoiseHere: You kidding me? I'd suck her fartbox dry in a heartbeat. 9/29/2011 quote about Megan Fox

Comment

Originally posted by Trussrod View Post
                I've had two DK2's and a DR3 and the e string has never come off the edge of the fret board. A PS4 is a budget priced guitar and the trans finishes are a photograph of wood grain glued to the body. I wouldn't compare a PS4 to a DK2. If you're willing to buy used expect to pay around $400 for a DK2S.
                I think the e strings slide off because the strings are too close to the edge of the fretboard.
                Last edited by unknown; 07-25-2010, 11:39 PM.

Comment

I've got a new black DK2S on order. Should have it next week or so. The DK2S must be selling alot since it looks like they've had that model since at least around 2002.
                  Post some pics and a review after you get it. I'd like to have a DK2S to play around with for awhile--just haven't gotten around to it yet.

Comment

I've got one in the mail too. Looking forward to getting it.
                    I only need one more guitar.

Comment

What is bad about the RR24 in comparison to the DK2S?

I used to have a cheap Jackson RR guitar many years ago. It liked to neck dive really bad, hated that.
                      It doesn't neckdive, the body tilts over instead because the front strap pin is centered. I also had a KE3 with neckdive, so I put the strap pin in the same place as you find on the RR24, and the same tilt issue occurs. The RR24 I had didn't have white/ivoroid binding and I couldn't be bothered to change the electronics.
                      Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

"Finger on the trigger, back against the wall. Counting rounds and voices, not enough to kill them all" (Ihsahn).

Comment

Working...
                      X