Back in the bloodline

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Back in the bloodline

So hey guys, this site has been an absolute wealth of information, and I've been lurking a bit soaking it all in. I've been a Jackson fan for many years, my first guitar that I ever considered a REAL guitar that I had was a low end Jackson Dinky my Step-mom got me for an early high school graduation/late 17th birthday present. I loved that guitar though, and once I had a duncan put in it just wailed.
    Eventually I picked up a Charvel Acoustic/Electric, and a Rhoads EX, and was in heaven. Then I got married, joined the Air Force, had a kid.....y'know how that goes Had to sell all my pretty things to pay bills, and am now finally able to start buying gear again.
    I picked up a JS30RR not too long ago as I was just starting to get back into Jacksons again, and while its not the best guitar in the world, it plays pretty good, and the stock pickups are ALOT better than the crappy stock ones that came on my old dinky. At least these aren't microphonic

But today, I got a guitar I've wanted for a long time. Got a good deal on a Kelly Professional STD, and I love this thing.

I've wanted a Kelly ever since I saw Marty Friedman playing in the RIP/Countdown era, and so this is a totally awesome day for me I think I may wanna put some EMG's in it though down the road.

Anyhow, thanks for being such an awesome group around here, I'm learning a ton already. \m/

Congrats, Evil!

Eeeeeeevil!
    "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Nice! Even though I'm a huge fan of the sharkfin inlays, I still like this one without them.
      I love the Kelly body....it's just so comfortable and killer looking. Congrats on the new axe and welcome back to the family!
      My Gear: Stoneman SG-1, Hufschmid Tantalum H6, ESP KH-6, Sully #8 JCF One-Off, Templar GuitarWorks Relic Prototype, James Hetfield Tribal Hunt KL Explorer, Coobeetsa CCG-10-DX PRO Eagle, Schecter Hellraiser C-1 Hybrid, Daly Heiro Custom, Gibson Les Paul Custom, Gibson SG Menace, Peavey Vypyr 60 Tube

"You are dog shit in my shoe." -Newc

Comment

Yeah, I love the sharkfin inlays myself, but this was too good to pass up

Comment

Love it! I have been looking for a Kelly too and I think I prefer it without the inlays. I just picked up a Warrior for super cheap from some kid off CraigsL. I love the way the Kelly and Warrior ride, great stage presence and just bitchen looking. I am new to the forum as well but have been a JC Loyalist since I started playing 20something years ago. I came across this site just recently and WOW is there a world of knowledge here, can't believe I survived without it! That is a super nice ride and welcome the cult Evil M.
          I would rather have a broken heart than broken fingers!

Comment

Thanks for the compliments guys, I've been playing on it all night, just got a Line 6 Floor Pod I've been setting up too, so lots of new goodies tonight, and I have a lead on a Dinky MG that I'm just waiting on a guy to get back from out of town to check out next week Now my problem is my Jackson addiction, I don't have enough cash to feed the beast!

EDIT:
            Figure I'd include the guitar I'm looking at getting next week and see what you guys think

Pic isn't that great, since its from craigslist and all, but he says its a "Jackson DNKY with EMG's and a pull gain knob with a Floyd Rose trem"

He's asking 400 for it, what do you guys think based off this?
            Last edited by Evil Mike; 07-10-2010, 03:29 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Evil Mike View Post
              Now my problem is my Jackson addiction, I don't have enough cash to feed the beast!
              Welcome to our world!
              My Gear: Stoneman SG-1, Hufschmid Tantalum H6, ESP KH-6, Sully #8 JCF One-Off, Templar GuitarWorks Relic Prototype, James Hetfield Tribal Hunt KL Explorer, Coobeetsa CCG-10-DX PRO Eagle, Schecter Hellraiser C-1 Hybrid, Daly Heiro Custom, Gibson Les Paul Custom, Gibson SG Menace, Peavey Vypyr 60 Tube

"You are dog shit in my shoe." -Newc

Comment

I'd try and get it for 350-375!
                But I think I would tag along for the 400!

Comment

Thanks for the compliments guys, I've been playing on it all night, just got a Line 6 Floor Pod I've been setting up too, so lots of new goodies tonight, and I have a lead on a Dinky MG that I'm just waiting on a guy to get back from out of town to check out next week Now my problem is my Jackson addiction, I don't have enough cash to feed the beast!

EDIT:
                  Figure I'd include the guitar I'm looking at getting next week and see what you guys think

Pic isn't that great, since its from craigslist and all, but he says its a "Jackson DNKY with EMG's and a pull gain knob with a Floyd Rose trem"

He's asking 400 for it, what do you guys think based off this?
                  400s definitely a good deal on one of those, the lower models (DXMGs) Retail for somewhere around that, I vote go for it ^_^
                  Gear

Jackson DXMG
                  Jackson JS30RR
                  Boss ML2 Metalcore Pedal
                  Dunlop GCB-95 Crybaby
                  Blackstar HT5H
                  Marshall MC212

Gear I want

Jackson RR1T Black
                  Marshall JCM 800 2203
                  Marshall 1960A Cab

Comment

Ok cool, thanks for the advice guys. He gets back in town wednesday, so I should be getting it either wed or thurs then

Comment

It's a DKMG

Comment

...he says its a "Jackson DNKY...
                        That sounds queer somehow.

But yeah, Ron is right, it's a DKMG.

Comment

...with an awfully light colored rosewood board, too...I'd offer at least $50 less just cuz of that!

Comment

Originally posted by RacerX View Post
                            ...with an awfully light colored rosewood board, too...I'd offer at least $50 less just cuz of that!
                            Good tip, Maybe I can haggle him down a few bucks

Comment

I wouldn't jump at this deal. I think $250 to $275 (if this is in the USA) is a fair price if the case is included. Correct me if I'm wrong but the quality of a DKMG is a bit below a DK2 with a quilt top and I picked up a DK2 for $217 including case. My advice is to wait for a better deal or get this guitar into a more reasonable price range. I almost had a beat up one of these for $50 bucks in January. The seller forgot I was ahead of the guy he ultimately sold it to and called back to apologize. No big deal--I only wanted it to add to the collection.

Comment

Working...
                              X