Jackson DK2 or Jackson Dk2s

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jackson DK2 or Jackson Dk2s

hi everyone i'm new here i'm planing to get my first jackson which one i should get the dk2 goes for $700 while dk2s goes for $800 is it worth spending the extra $100 for STK-1 also if you could recommend me other models thanks in advance

Hey pal, welcome to the forum!
    I have a DK2 and it totally ROCKS, I completely recommend to you. The DK2S is exactly the same but with the Sustainiac pickup. But I'm really happy with mine, it easily stands out between USA made guitars.
    "You deserve what you dream"

Comment

Maybe I misunderstood bobafer's comment, but the DK2 and DK2S are not USA made, but Japanese. (my apologies to bobafer if that is what he meant)
      With that said, both are great guitars, but for the extra 100.00, I'd go with the DK2S. The sustainiac system goes for approx. 239.00, so getting it for an additional 100.00 is a good deal in my mind. I also have a DK2 and it is a great guitar, but would love to get the DK2S some time.
      "Some days you're the dog, other days you're the hydrant." - on the back of the business card for Bella the Pomeranian

The comments expressed here do not necessarily reflect the opinions of management.

Comment

I recently asked myself the same question and went with the plain DK2. Money was somewhat of a factor, but had a sustainer version in the finish I wanted been available I may well have spent the extra $100.

I've never used a sustainer guitar but I've always had crazy sustain and feedback using just the guitar, pedal, and amp. I'm sure the sustainers go beyond that but I also like not having to have a battery.

This is my first Jackson and I have to say I am very impressed with it.

Comment

personally, id recommend the normal dinky and use the difference for your effects / amp budget.
          i was having that decision too and i took the dk2s. it was fun at the start but after a while i really didnt enjoy the presence of the extra switches and since it was an SSH, i felt i was kinda "stuck" tonewise with much less great pickup combinations.
          Although you can always just remove the sustaniac and turn it to a DK2 when youre done with it. but i wouldnt go through the hassle.
          But still,
          It's all up to you brother.

Comment

You can find better deals.
            Last edited by unknown; 07-25-2010, 11:41 PM.

Comment

What did you decide?
              Last edited by unknown; 07-25-2010, 11:41 PM.

Comment

Working...
              X