Belated NGD - DK2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Belated NGD - DK2

I've been meaning to post all week, but haven't had a waking moment away from work, so here it is.

I finally got a replacement last Tuesday for my old beloved Charvel. The DK2 seemed to be a lot of bang for the buck, and had much the same neck as the Models, and I was blown away by the feel and apparent quality of this thing once I got it.

I found one at Spotlight Music in October Pearl, and am glad I went with that finish. I haven't seen many, and looks really nice in person. Bright! It came with a nice Jackson hard case.

I've looked this over and can't find any blems or faults...it's flawless. Unfortunately my amp is still in pawn, so I haven't had a chance to plug in yet, but that's coming asap.

Unplugged it sounds bright and clear; the intonation seems spot on. Very nice action, although I'll have to tune down a half step.

It's been a while coming, just wanted to share. What do y'all think?

nice

Comment

Sweet!

Comment

Thank you. It's been a treat. I finally had some time to drop the tuning a half step and it plays just like I like it.

Comment

These DK2 and DK2S must be the popular Dinkys. I just put in an order for a black DK2S.

Comment

Y'know, I usually prefer my guitars black, but I dig that. It's like an awesome halloween guitar, and looks great.

Comment

nice guitar nice finish october pearl sweet

Comment

Nice looking axe!
                what's the diff between a DK1 and a DK2?
                If this is our perdition, will you walk with me?

Comment

Cool! That color must be unusual; can't remember seeing it before.

Originally posted by kmanick View Post
                  what's the diff between a DK1 and a DK2?
                  DK-1; MIUSA, H-H (EMG), OFR, quartersawn neck, ebony board, MOP, etc.
                  DK-2; MIJ, H-S-S (Duncans), LFR, rosewood board, MOTO inlays.
                  Last edited by Sunbane; 07-14-2010, 01:36 PM.

Comment

Working...
                  X