I ordered a dkmg few questions for you guys

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I ordered a dkmg few questions for you guys

I used to have a jackson, a js30RR and wasnt too impressed with it.
    Hopefully ill like the dkmg a bit better, im sure I will.. should be here next week.

I found a black dkmg for 299.00 and ordered it.
    few chips on the back of the guitar, but hey.. character

anyway the guitar has emg 85/81 and an afterburner..

I was wondering If I will need to keep 2 batteries in it? also, around what year model would that make the guitar?

seems everything i see with the afterburner has the hz's in it..

any reccomendations on a low cost case for it, or gigbag?

Probably 2002 - 2005 but post the ser #

These are made in Japan and your JS in India so you should see a quality improvement.
    "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

No on the 2 batteries. And I'm guessing there was a mod done as far as it having the 81/85 and the Afterburner. As far as I've seen they only came with HZs and an Afterburner (3 knobs) or with the 81/85 only (2 knobs).
      Every man dies... Not every man really lives!!

Comment

well unfortunately the seller contacted me after i bought. it was listed as a used dkmg with 85/81 trans black..

after i paid he contacted me with the information that it was black, not trans black and that there were 3 knobs...
        he also said he didnt know what kind of emgs they were... so now i think i am getting the older model with the hz's...i doubt it has 85/81's at all...

im not too terribly upset though as i can always do a pickup swap on it huh..
        have to look into the hz's and see what i think about them as well, may be decent dunno.

Comment

Originally posted by Betrayer View Post
          well unfortunately the seller contacted me after i bought. it was listed as a used dkmg with 85/81 trans black..

after i paid he contacted me with the information that it was black, not trans black and that there were 3 knobs...
          he also said he didnt know what kind of emgs they were... so now i think i am getting the older model with the hz's...i doubt it has 85/81's at all...

im not too terribly upset though as i can always do a pickup swap on it huh..
          have to look into the hz's and see what i think about them as well, may be decent dunno.
          Did you ask for a reduced price? I would expect to pay more for a guitar with a trans finish as opposed to a solid color.

Comment

no i bought it through amazon, you know it says 2 used and new from 299 to 740.00...
            thats what it was, the product page was for a trans black with actives.. then below it, it said 1 used for 299..
            i bought the used one, the money transferred out of my account at that time... the next day i get a email saying it is black not trans black, and there is an afterburner knob... so I assume it has the passives as well..
            I still think its well worth it for 299, but i was excited thinking i was getting active emg's in it..sigh.... so one day ill be dumping another 200 into the guitar

Comment

$299 isn't too bad if you like how it looks and more importantly.. plays. I haven't played one with the HZ's and AB but seems about 50/50 on opinions I've heard. You may like it enough to keep em. It's probably 50/50 on the 81/85 as well so you should play one with them before you go modding. I have a trans black with 81/85 that I bought for the looks mainly and I'm not bonding with it as much as I did before. So you never know, it may be perfect for you as is..
              Every man dies... Not every man really lives!!

Comment

well I hate the emghz's

the guitar is in the shop atm getting a good setup done to it.
                so when i tried it out monday it was on some junk strings, with the trem sunk into the body and fret buzz..
                but the sound from the hz's was really really bland..no clarity at all i guess you'd say.
                I play through a 6506+ and did a side by side with my ibanez with a sd invader..dont love the sh8 anymore but it sounds way better than the hz to me.
                maybe it will sound a little better tonight after i get it home, but i doubt it...already ordered a SD\jb, just need to find a used jazz for the neck and im good to go

Comment

I agree. The HZ's are horrible in the DKMG's. Once you put the SD in there, its going to be a whole new beast. Especially playing through a 6505.

Comment

Interestingly I pulld out my dkmg for rehersal the other night and was pleasantly surprised by the tones I was getting from the hz's though I'm eyeballing a couple of used JB's on ebay!
                    Power chords...what more do you need?!

Comment

+1 on the HZ's, I find them to be a hot pickup but not much clarity as well. As far as the batteries go you can to leave the batteries in but you may have to unplug the guitar when not playing it.

Comment

Working...
                      X